News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

Haunting near a Interstate highway

Started by I kenley, May 04, 2016, 10:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I kenley

Hey ,Asking for input please...I'm investigating a Fireman's museum built in 2005...next to a busy Interstate highway ...Do you think Infrasound from the highway could be causing some of the claims?..the Baseline reading of EMF were not crazy high...so don't think it's a electrical problem.

PPI Brian

Hello,
Thank you for posting an intriguing question. We need a little more information in order to respond intelligently. What are the claims of activity at the location ? What type of EMF meter are you using? There have been some experiments with infrasound in allegedly paranormal settings so that certainly could be the case. 
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

I kenley

I used both a mel meter and trifield natural. ..most the museum was zero ...However when by myself I got several hit spikes, even one of 1.4..But none associated with the museum artifacts.
The location is Fireman's museum Kearney Nebraska ...it sits right on interstate 80 ..
  The employees report the feeling of being watch ,dread and sounds ...They do have reports of Apparitions. .
I do belive that objects can hold energies and the might have a spirit or two but I don't think there is anything menacing there..
  I was just curious about what you folks think, living in a big city and experiencing Heavy traffic.
   Thanks really ...alway can use more input =)

PPI Brian

Quote from: I kenley on May 05, 2016, 09:44:48 AM
I used both a mel meter and trifield natural. ..most the museum was zero ...However when by myself I got several hit spikes, even one of 1.4..But none associated with the museum artifacts.
The location is Fireman's museum Kearney Nebraska ...it sits right on interstate 80 ..
  The employees report the feeling of being watch ,dread and sounds ...They do have reports of Apparitions. .
I do belive that objects can hold energies and the might have a spirit or two but I don't think there is anything menacing there..
  I was just curious about what you folks think, living in a big city and experiencing Heavy traffic.
   Thanks really ...alway can use more input =)

Hi I kenley,

Good choice on the Trifield Natural. Being close to an Interstate could cause environmental conditions that could be misinterpreted as paranormal. Light and shadows caused by passing traffic patterns could be misinterpreted as movement and shadow people, older wiring in the building could be the source of hyper altertness or feelings of being watched (but they should show up in an EMF meter calibrated to detect 50-60 Hz electromagnetic fields), and of course most museums have weird lay outs that can cause anxiety by poor principles of feng shui.  I attached a pdf document from para.science in the UK on the subject of infrasound. Hope this helps and hope to hear more about this location.

Regards -

Brian

I kenley

Thanks,,
I was able to find a study done by the transportation in Denmark on the infrasound levels of roadway ..it topped levels of 120dBs ...that is just whoa ...
I'm thinking exposure to those kind of levels for a 8 hr work day could possibly cause the "Spooky" feelings the staff has ..
   The apparition that has been reported. ..I think he is attached to the land ....This land was homesteadied by Freeman Merryman, He was civil war veteran. .He was involved in many battles including  Shermans March to the sea..
  Staff members was able to pick his photo out..Alway fun when history matches a haunt ...
  I'm afraid out EVP might be contaminated from the metal building, wind ,rain and roadway ..unless we get a good class A ...There is a really cool Solomon Butcher photo of the Freeman Merryman farm I have attached. .

PPI Brian

Thank you for sharing the old black and white picture of the Merryman Farm. What a beautiful old house. Is it no longer standing on the property?

Don't worry too much about background noises contaminating your possible EVP captures -- often times we've captured some compelling EVP in noisy locations. Some paranormal theorists believe background noises can be "modulated" by any entity that might be present to increase the volume of their "voices". As long as you are using a very high-quality digital recorder you should be able to make a distinction between an actual EVP capture and a matrixed "voice". My own personal experience using higher end recorders has left me with fewer anomalous audio captures, but those that make the grade are genuinely interesting.

Regards --

Brian

I kenley

Sadly the Merryman farm is no longer there ...I was thrilled to find it in Solomon Butchers archive at the Library of Congress. .love that collection ,he had a way of capturing the Nebraska frontier. .
   I haven't heard from the gal who listens for EVP yet on whether we caught anything but hopefully will soon =)

PPI Brian

I look forward to hearing about your findings.

I kenley

I attached a rather creepy Evp from the Fireman's museum. .to me to sound like shouting and screaming.

PPI Tim

I don't know what it said. Could you give some details about what was going on at the time?
Sounds interesting...Go on.