News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

PPI Presents: October 2015

Started by PPI Brian, July 31, 2015, 09:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Brian

PPI is happy to announce we are confirmed for three presentations in cooperation with the San Diego Public Library in the month of October 2015.

Scripps Ranch Library on Wednesday October 7th at 6:30 p.m
10301 Scripps Lake Dr, San Diego, CA 92131
(858) 538-8158

Paradise Hills Library on Wednesday October 21st at 6:00 pm
5922 Rancho Hills Dr, San Diego, CA 92139
(619) 527-3461

San Carlos Library on Wednesday October 28th at 6:00 pm
7265 Jackson Dr, San Diego, CA 92119
(619) 527-3430
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Karl

Excellent!  Let's talk tomorrow about when to visit the spaces to plan our set-up.  :)  Looking forward to these.
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Tim

Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Brian

PPI Karl

As long as we keep the events on Mondays or Wednesday, 6:00 p.m. is just fine by me.  :)

I can probably even let my class out a little earlier on that day for anyone who may want to go.  (I've had good luck encouraging student attendance in the past. I've got some full classes this fall, too.)

Since Scripps is first in our line-up, should we try to visit that one first?  I'm not available this Saturday, but I could do other Saturday afternoons or even Sundays, if the library keeps Sunday hours.
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Brian

Yes, I think we should pay them a visit. Most Saturdays work for me too, but I can do a Sunday if necessary.  :)

PPI Karl

How about visiting one or more of the libraries next Saturday afternoon (August 15th)?

PPI Brian

Quote from: PPI Karl on August 07, 2015, 02:32:24 AM
How about visiting one or more of the libraries next Saturday afternoon (August 15th)?

I will be on a flight home from New York on the 15th.

PPI Karl

Roger that. Maybe the following weekend then (Aug. 22-23)?   

PPI Brian

I think that will work. Should we start making some flyers and postcards to advertise the presentations? Is it too early to set up the Facebook events pages?

PPI Karl

So, I had to make some fliers and posters this week to start promoting the October events as extra credit opportunities in my classes.  I have them saved as a draft on our PPI Facebook page, but I didn't want to publish them until I was sure it was okay with everyone.

Let me know, and if they clear, we can start our promotions campaign.

PPI Tim

I'll have to send you the at my Library.
I'm have trouble sending you the SDPL Branding. The damn thing doesn't want to attach right.

PPI Brian

I think they look great. I will create a facebook event for the first presentation this weekend.  ;D

Could you make a banner graphic for the event?

PPI Karl

I can probably whip up a banner graphic by Friday. 

Tim, if there are places on the library websites from which I can "borrow" <ahem> the branding art work, that would work too.  Otherwise, don't hesitate to e-mail an attachment if that method works better.  Thanks, Tim!

PPI Karl

I messed up the first calendar date on the flier.  It should be October 7, not October 8.  Sorry.  I'll fix the fliers and edit 'em on Facebook today.  Just a heads-up, in case anyone asks. 

PPI Brian

Quote from: PPI Karl on August 21, 2015, 12:01:29 PM
I messed up the first calendar date on the flier.  It should be October 7, not October 8.  Sorry.  I'll fix the fliers and edit 'em on Facebook today.  Just a heads-up, in case anyone asks.

Oops. I missed that too.  :-[

PPI Theresa

Hey guys. Sorry I have been m.i.a lately. We have bible study that we host in our home every Wednesday evening. I'll only be able to make it to one of the library presentations. Not sure which one yet. I'll keep you posted
I liked U2 before U2 was cool

PPI Karl

Okeydoke, Theresa.  Glad you can be part of one of them.  :)  Let us know your availability when you can.

PPI Tim

Are getting together Friday or Saturday? We also need to do recon for Scripps Ranch.

PPI Marlene

Hi team.  I've been sick the the past few days so pending how I feel, I'm hoping I can attend either Friday or Saturday.  I can attend the Scripps Ranch presentation.

PPI Karl

Saturday rather than Friday, fer sure. I need tomorrow to rest up and to work on the PowerPoint, so that we can have something to review by Saturday.  'Zokay?   :)

Also, can everyone state they're availability to participate in the Presentations.  Here are the dates.  Just modify this and put a check next to your name if you can be there.

October 7, Scripps Ranch
Brian X
Tim X
Karl X
Debra X
Cheryl
Dave
Theresa
Marlene X
Jason

October 21, Paradise Hills
Brian X
Tim X
Karl X
Debra
Cheryl
Dave
Theresa
Marlene
Jason

October 28, San Carlos
Brian X
Tim X
Karl X
Debra
Cheryl
Dave
Theresa
Marlene
Jason

PPI Marlene

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the other two.  The 21st I'm flying back from Gettysburg and the 28th, I won't make it time driving all the way down there after work. Sorry team.

PPI Tim

PPI Debra

I can go if Larry is working early shifts. He will ask for at least one off.
I don't think any one can give me rides.  (Being so far away sucks.)
Will keep you posted.

We can be there Saturday for the meeting.
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

PPI Karl

Quote from: PPI Debra on October 01, 2015, 08:00:27 PM
I can go if Larry is working early shifts. He will ask for at least one off.
I don't think any one can give me rides.  (Being so far away sucks.)
Will keep you posted.

We can be there Saturday for the meeting.

No worries, Debra.  I'm glad you can participate in at least one. Look forward to seeing you Saturday!  (BTW, I think there was some freak incident with my iPhone this afternoon.  I might have sort of fat-fingered my iPhone and dialed you at around 12:45 PM?  Did you remember any weirdness at this hour today?  Sorry, if so. :-\)

PPI Marlene

What time are you thinking for Saturday? 

PPI Tim

The library closes at 3pm.
I was hoping around noonish? :-\

PPI Marlene

I have a hair appt at 10am and probably won't be done until at least 11:30. I will drive down after that . My appt is in Carlsbad.

PPI Brian

If we set out about noonish we can meet Marlene at the library.  :)

PPI Karl

I won't be able to join you for the scouting excursion to the library tomorrow, unfortunately.  But, we're still planning to meet tomorrow evening, to discuss the presentation, right?  :)