News:

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced investigator, the "For Investigators" area of PPI's main website is a learning resource center designed with you in mind, containing dozens of useful forms, guidelines, how-to's, and articles with topics such as investigative techniques, the peer review process, data and media cataloguing, team management, and much more!   

Main Menu

out of curiosity

Started by adminsandiegohaunted, October 07, 2012, 11:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adminsandiegohaunted

Hey out of curiosity, Some guy sent me a email saying a TAPS San Diego paranormal group, did an investigation at La Roca Plaza in Santee. Your group is the only one I could think of as far as TAPS family. If this is the case, perhaps we can talk off line about it.

PPI Tim

Really?
What group is it?
Guys do you know?
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Brian

There has only been one other TAPS family in San Diego but they resigned from the family years ago. Either the person who emailed you is mistaken or the team is misrepresenting themselves. 
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

adminsandiegohaunted

Thanks guys, I kind of had that feeling, that the gentlemen maybe mistaken however this claim is from almost 5 years ago, do you know who the other group was (that retired).

PPI Brian

Quote from: adminsandiegohaunted on October 08, 2012, 12:25:17 AM
Thanks guys, I kind of had that feeling, that the gentlemen maybe mistaken however this claim is from almost 5 years ago, do you know who the other group was (that retired).

No worries. We were the only San diego based TAPS Family group in 2007. The only other San Diego based group that had TF status was from late 2008 to mid 2010, so it could have been them. This group was formed by former members of PPI.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Karl

Ah, the old reliance on the "TAPS Family group" moniker!  I think perhaps some groups believe "TAPS Family" is just a taxonomy of investigation style, rather than a formally overseen organization with official membership.  Perhaps we need another attribution for this.  "T.A.P.S.-like group"?  TAPS Camp Group?  TAPS Methodology Investigation Group?  Sumpin' like that?
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

adminsandiegohaunted

Quote from: PPI Karl on October 11, 2012, 01:04:59 PM
Ah, the old reliance on the "TAPS Family group" moniker!  I think perhaps some groups believe "TAPS Family" is just a taxonomy of investigation style, rather than a formally overseen organization with official membership.  Perhaps we need another attribution for this.  "T.A.P.S.-like group"?  TAPS Camp Group?  TAPS Methodology Investigation Group?  Sumpin' like that?

Why not just call it GHOST HUNTERS -family, style, like, camp, etc etc. and forgo the T.A.P.S. attribute ;)

PPI Tracy

Actually, that particular group does manage to slip the title "Ghost Hunters" in the description of their group.