News:

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced investigator, the "For Investigators" area of PPI's main website is a learning resource center designed with you in mind, containing dozens of useful forms, guidelines, how-to's, and articles with topics such as investigative techniques, the peer review process, data and media cataloguing, team management, and much more!   

Main Menu

Strange Deaths

Started by PPI Tim, September 01, 2011, 04:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Tim

Hey Everyone,

I was checking out a website on strange deaths and found this story.
Enjoy

Normandy, France - Jacques LeFevrier left nothing to chance when he decided to commit suicide.  He stood at the top of a tall cliff and tied a noose around his neck.  He tied the other end of the rope to a large rock. He drank some poison and set fire to his clothes.  He even tried to shoot himself at the last moment.  He jumped and fired the pistol.  The bullet missed him completely, but cut through the hanging rope instead.  Freed of the threat of hanging, Mr. LeFevrier plunged into the sea.  The sudden plunge into the freezing waters extinguished the flames and apparently made him vomit the poison as well. He was dragged out of the water by witnesses on the beach below the cliff and was taken to a hospital, where he died of hypothermia.

I bet he never considered just jumping  0:<
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Jason

You know, if there is life after death, this guy is going to have the coolest story.

"Hey buddy, I got hit by a truck. How did you get here?"

"Well,...."
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

PPI Tracy

PPI Tim

It sounds like something inspector Clouseau would do if he wanted to end it all.

PPI Tim

Here is another,
Death from Stubbing One?s Toe

Famous Tennessee whiskey distiller Jack Daniel [wiki] decided to come in to work early one morning in 1911. He wanted to open his safe but couldn?t remember the combination. In anger, Daniel kicked the safe and injured his toe, which later developed an infection that killed him!

Moral of the story? Don?t go to work early.

PPI Brian

Quote from: PPI Tim on September 06, 2011, 04:51:38 PM

Moral of the story? Don?t go to work early.

Words to live by.  ;D
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

Kristen

Nothing in life is to be feared.  It is only to be understood.  ~Marie Curie

PPI Brian

Hi Kristen! How've you been?  :)

PPI Tim

This one is for Brian,

1814: London Beer Flood, 9 people were killed (some drowned, some died from injuries, and one succumbed to alcohol poisoning) when 323,000 imperial gallons (1,468,000L) of beer in the Meux and Company Brewery burst out of their vats and gushed into the streets.

PPI Brian

Wow. I hope it was ready to drink.  :) Amazing that only one guy died from alcohol poisoning in the whole city of London. 

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Brian on September 10, 2011, 01:32:08 PM
Hi Kristen! How've you been?  :)

To echo Brian....  "Hi Kristen!  How've you been?"

(echo....echo...echo...)

Kristen

Hey all,
I'm doing alright, thanks for asking.  I hope everyone else is doing well. :)
Nothing in life is to be feared.  It is only to be understood.  ~Marie Curie

PPI Brian

We're doing well. Good to see you on the boards again.  :)