News:

Thinking of inviting PPI to your home or business? Visit "Client Resources" on our main website for helpful articles and guidelines, or click "Request Help" to contact us about setting up an investigation.

Main Menu

Decoded

Started by PPI Jason, February 04, 2011, 04:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Jason

I have to say that my favorite show on television right now is "Brad Meltzer's Decoded" on the history channel. Not only do I enjoy the investigators, the topics, and the kind of dry humor presented on the show, but I love their relatively thorough and scientifc approach to investigating various topics.

But my question to you is this: Have any of you decoded the code within each show? If you have, then please don't post the answer here and spoil it for anyone else. But there is a unique coded message hidden within each show. I was just wondering if any of you have found it and figured it out. I only just noticed it today while watching the season finale, but I realized that a smilar code was presented in each episode this season (I was able to check because I have saved the episodes on my DVR).

It's really kina neat  :)
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

PPI Tim

"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine
Sorry Jason, but I had the decoder ring. ;D
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Tracy

First of all....I LOVE that show, too!  Everything about it is so well written.  Now the thing I did NOT know about what the secret code.  Oh...I'm so bummed now!  I'm going to have to go back through the episodes on YouTube.  How did you even find out about that?

PPI Jason

I found out about it while watching the season finale. I noticed that the personalized license plate on their car was not the same as it had been earlier in the show. I went back and watched it again, since I had it on DVR, and noticed that, sure enough, each plate was different and that when written down together spelled a longer message.

Now I had earlier realized that they would put a symbol in the "O" of the word "Decoded" at the start of each show. It never made sense to me. But I remembered that at the start of the season finale there was a vehicle tire with a Porshe hub cap on it in the "O." It was then that I realized that the symbol in each "O" was a key to decoding the rest of the show. One show had a clock in the "O" and that told you to pay attention to the clocks. Another had a nuclear symbol which corresponded to nuclear explosions in depicted in the show.

I went to the decoded website and discovered that if you used the code to discover the secret word for the day you could enter that word to enter their sweepstakes where you could win a new Porsche. It is, as Tim suggested, very much like the secret message hidden in Little Orphan Annie in A Christmas Story. But it was still a neat thing to do in such a show. The question remains though, has anyone figured out the actual messages?
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Jason on February 07, 2011, 05:47:31 PM
The question remains though, has anyone figured out the actual messages?

First off:  Holy crap, you're smart

Secondly:  Yes.  I think I know what the secret message is:  "If yOu can't affOrd the repair bills, dOn't enter this sweepstakes tO win a pOrsche"

PPI Jason

Quote from: PPI Tracy on February 08, 2011, 10:34:59 AM
Quote from: PPI Jason on February 07, 2011, 05:47:31 PM
The question remains though, has anyone figured out the actual messages?

Secondly:  Yes.  I think I know what the secret message is:  "If yOu can't affOrd the repair bills, dOn't enter this sweepstakes tO win a pOrsche"

thAt is soMething I can agrEe with completely my frieNd  ;)
-Jack Handey

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Tracy on February 08, 2011, 10:34:59 AM

LOL! I agree with both statements.

I didn't even catch the code, but I always fast forward through recaps, intros and commercials.
I never visited the website.
I love the show, though!
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

PPI Tracy