News:

Did you know PPI isn't just a forum? We have a comprehensive website packed to the gills with resources to educate and illuminate. Come visit us at  www.pacificparanormal.org.

Main Menu

June 26 2010 Partial Lunar Eclipse

Started by PPI Brian, June 25, 2010, 03:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Brian

Yeah, I'm glad Taylor didn't see it.

Rabbits are grey for a reason -- it helps them hide from predators. The lighter colored animals usually fall victim sooner rather than later, which is why albinos are so rare in nature, but not in zoos.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

Damian

Odd that the rabbit was only missing it's head though.  Normally if it's a predatory kill the prey's body will be at least partially consumed...I don't know of predators that will remove the head and leave the body.  Curious.
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum

ljiljanac

The following lyrics ALWAYS hit me and have meaning for me in, I admit, a dark way......

"For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave.

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Damian on July 02, 2010, 02:30:55 PM
Odd that the rabbit was only missing it's head though.  Normally if it's a predatory kill the prey's body will be at least partially consumed...I don't know of predators that will remove the head and leave the body.  Curious.

Yeah, that's what my friend told me.  They have animals (mostly rabbits and cats) that get done in where they live and she said it's mostly coyotes that do it.  We have them all over the place and I assumed that thats what killed it.  Oddly, I didn't see any blood at all.  Weirder and weirder it sounds.

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Lillie on July 02, 2010, 07:42:53 PM
The following lyrics ALWAYS hit me and have meaning for me in, I admit, a dark way......

"For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave.

Yeah, me too.

PPI Brian

Quote from: PPI Tracy on July 03, 2010, 01:22:10 PM
Quote from: PPI Damian on July 02, 2010, 02:30:55 PM

Yeah, that's what my friend told me.  They have animals (mostly rabbits and cats) that get done in where they live and she said it's mostly coyotes that do it.  We have them all over the place and I assumed that thats what killed it.  Oddly, I didn't see any blood at all.  Weirder and weirder it sounds.

I agree -- animals would eat the body, not just the head. Something similar happened at our Chula Vista office not too long ago. Jim found the body of a calico rabbit in the parking lot, which is surrounded by a wrought iron fence. Toward the back of the parking lot he found the head, There was no blood and he found it very disturbing. It was worth noting that the area where this took place (west chula) is surrounded by residential units, and it was obviously someone's pet rabbit. Somebody killed it and threw the body in the parking lot. Why somebody would do such a thing is purely speculation.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

ljiljanac

Future makings of a serial killer?    :o

Damian

"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum

ljiljanac

Quote from: PPI Damian on July 03, 2010, 11:26:56 PM
Or something ritualistic maybe?

You're probably right, Damian.  Poor bunnies.   :-\