Author Topic: Pacific Star II  (Read 447 times)

Offline Gary

• Critical Mass
  • Meow!
    • Facebook
Not actually in the news on this one, but I think we recently posted about a guy who sent up a normal $40 digital camera and a weather balloon and set it free.  The images he captured were amazing.  He has done it again, and put together a sweet video.  Check it out.

<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=12421661&amp;amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;amp;show_title=1&amp;amp;show_byline=1&amp;amp;show_portrait=0&amp;amp;color=&amp;amp;fullscreen=1&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; width=&quot;500&quot; height=&quot;405&quot;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=12421661&amp;amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;amp;show_title=1&amp;amp;show_byline=1&amp;amp;show_portrait=0&amp;amp;color=&amp;amp;fullscreen=1&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; width=&quot;500&quot; height=&quot;405&quot;</a>
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

Offline PPI Tim

• Super Administrator
  • Critical Mass
  • TIMMY!!
    • Pacific Paranormal Investigations on Facebook
That is cool Gary. I liked the fact that they were able to retrieve it once it came down.
Sounds interesting...Go on.

Offline Damian

• Critical Mass
  • When the student is ready, the master appears.
Being able to capture images and video of the curvature of Earth, all on your own...AWESOME!   :o
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum

Offline PPI Brian

• Super Administrator
  • Critical Mass
  • The Truth is Out There
Love it! My family is from Santa Paula, CA. I thought I recognized the mountains of Ventura county as the weather balloon was taking off. Looks like the southern California coastline in his upper atmospheric still images. His camera box must have drifted east as it fell back to earth.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing that with us, Gary.  ;D
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

Offline PPI Debra

• Critical Mass
Amazing and beautiful.
Thanks, Gary.
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

ljiljanac

That is WAY cool!   :)   Hey Brian, I used to work in Fillmore and Santa Paula.  haha!  Small world!