News:

Did you know PPI isn't just a forum? We have a comprehensive website packed to the gills with resources to educate and illuminate. Come visit us at  www.pacificparanormal.org.

Main Menu

You too can own the Space Shuttle Oribter

Started by Gary, June 11, 2010, 12:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Yes, you heard me!  It is however only a replica that doesn't fly, with no detailed interior (that is extra), for only $2.2 Million!!! 

http://www.spacetoys.com/proddetail.php?prod=spaceshuttleorbiter&cat=12
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Brian

That's pretty cool looking.  ;D Judging by the arial picture, I don't think I have enough room in my garage for it.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Brian M on June 11, 2010, 10:22:08 PM
That's pretty cool looking.  ;D Judging by the arial picture, I don't think I have enough room in my garage for it.

Maybe if I dig through the couch, I can find enough change to buy it.
PPI can use it as a lab and command central...
;D
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

ljiljanac

Hey!  Great idea, Debra!!  I found 52 cents in my couch!  It's a start!  OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!!!    ;D   Hey!!!  Can I be Gilligan????

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Lillie on June 12, 2010, 12:18:35 AM
Hey!  Great idea, Debra!!  I found 52 cents in my couch!  It's a start!  OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!!!    ;D   Hey!!!  Can I be Gilligan????

Well then, it's a done deal, Gilligan and all!
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

ljiljanac

Quote from: Debra, PPI Consultant on June 12, 2010, 12:35:08 AM
Quote from: PPI Lillie on June 12, 2010, 12:18:35 AM

Well then, it's a done deal, Gilligan and all!

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!!!!!!  I'm gonna go buy my hat!

PPI Tim

New show coming out in the fall.
"Gilligan's Spaceship" Cue the music
Sounds interesting...Go on.

ljiljanac

"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip, that started from this trop-IC PORT aboard this tiny ship...."    hahaha!!!    ;D

PPI Brian

http://www.youtube.com/v/cfR7qxtgCgY&hl=en_US&fs=1&
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

ljiljanac

HAHAHA!!!!  I LOVE IT!!!!     :D   Thanks Brian!!!

PPI Debra

Quote from: PPI Brian M on June 12, 2010, 06:29:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/v/cfR7qxtgCgY&hl=en_US&fs=1&

I think I just had a flash back... :o

Gary

Wow, no joke!!!  That really was an epic show!!!
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Karl

The neighborhood kids and I used to play Gilligan's Island when I was . . . let me think . . . younger than I am now.   They always made me Gilligan.  Not really sure how I felt about that.  I had a soft spot for Gilligan on the show so, on the one hand, I was kind of flattered, but on the other hand he was the character everyone felt they could deride.  To put me in character, they used to coach me into doing stupid things so that they could scold me for them.  More than forty years later, no wonder I was so into the show Lost.  It was a revenge fantasy for every kid who got stuck being Gilligan.  ;D

What's this thread about, anyways?  Oh yeah.  Cool.
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

ljiljanac

PPI Jason

I loved Gilligan's Island. But I think, looking at my childhood retrospectively, that I loved the idea of getting away from society and starting a complete Utupia based entirely on small scale democracy and coconuts. I mean they had no laws, not jails, no crime, no wars, and if the other members of the island pissed you off you could always move to the other side of the island and live with that large man in that gorilla suit. The only intrusion to the island was the occasional visit by "Wrong Way" Corrigan and/or the Harlem Globetrotters.

I think the only thing I would have done differently is to invent an armory of coconut based weaponry including large coconut mines with which to surround the island, and prevent further intrusion by those Soviets that kept showing up with their mini-submarine, and possibly coconut anti-aircraft weaponry to ensure no invasion from above.
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

ljiljanac

hahaha!!!!   :D   I still love the trunks full of clothes and stuff they brought with them "for a three hour tour".    :D   Sounds like me!

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Karl on June 13, 2010, 01:04:16 AM
The neighborhood kids and I used to play Gilligan's Island when I was . . . let me think . . . younger than I am now.   They always made me Gilligan.  Not really sure how I felt about that.  I had a soft spot for Gilligan on the show so, on the one hand, I was kind of flattered, but on the other hand he was the character everyone felt they could deride.  To put me in character, they used to coach me into doing stupid things so that they could scold me for them.  More than forty years later, no wonder I was so into the show Lost.  It was a revenge fantasy for every kid who got stuck being Gilligan.  ;D

What's this thread about, anyways?  Oh yeah.  Cool.

Hey now.  Gilligan saved their butts more times than I can remember.  He wasn't just Skipper's "little buddy" he was the one....the only...the original...."McGyver". 

PPI Tim

That is why it was called "Gilligan's Island".
Sounds interesting...Go on.

ljiljanac

Quote from: PPI Tim on June 15, 2010, 11:38:10 PM

Ooooooooo, good point.      :D

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Tim on June 15, 2010, 11:38:10 PM

That's right!  All those others were just Gilligan's little minions!  (see Karl...you were a genius even back then!  king of the kiddo block!)