News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

100-pound rodent kept as pet

Started by Gary, February 07, 2010, 11:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Debra

Wow!  I love animals, all of them.
I didn't know these critters existed. Very interesting!
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

Damian

I saw these odd creatures on a Discovery Channel show... they're a semi-aquatic rodent, and they're found in the swamps and floodplaines of South America, and they are usually prey for the humongous Anacondas there.  That is one BIG rodent!
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum

PPI Brian

Wow, it's a capybara! I've never heard of anyone keeping them as pets. Can you imagine the damage this guy could do if he started chewing on your coffee table?
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Tracy

Yeah....the coffee table, kitchen table, kitchen cabinets, garage door, side of the house, your car, bikes......you name it.  I don't know about you, but I cannot imagine that thing curled up at the end of the bed at night.  Heck, he might eat it!

Gary

Quote from: TAPS Tracy on February 16, 2010, 11:40:48 AM
Yeah....the coffee table, kitchen table, kitchen cabinets, garage door, side of the house, your car, bikes......you name it.  I don't know about you, but I cannot imagine that thing curled up at the end of the bed at night.  Heck, he might eat it!

Haha, so true!!!!  You crackin me up right now!!   :P
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

Damian

I wonder if it could be trained to ride a unicycle.  I can't really imagine anything cooler than a 100 pound rodent riding a unicycle and maybe dressed as Elvis!
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

PPI Brian

Ever notice how people often look like their pets?

PPI Tracy

PPI Debra

Gene Simmons has pets?? This would mean he'd have to relate to other beings.
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

Gary

OMG Brian.... You didn't..... but you DID, and for that, I thank you!!! LOL   :P
Gary \m/

Damian

Gary, was that a Tosh.0 reference?  If so, BRAVO!  I love that show!

Brian, you are dead-on!  I can't believe I didn't notice the resemblance before!  Well played sir.

Gary

LOL, Damian, I totally didn't mean to do that.... but you're right!!!  Total Tosh.0 line right there. 
Gary \m/

ljiljanac

Right on, Brian!!!    :D   lol

This rat thing reminds me of ferrets.  You all know why ferrets are illegal in California, right?   Some ladies ferret ate her face.     |8x

Damian

Seriously Lillie?  Is that really why?  I had always assumed that it was out of fear of feral ferrets impacting the local ecosystem.  A face-munching ferret huh?

ljiljanac

Seriously, the issue of ferret laws in California came up at work today, and we spent a few minutes researching it.  There are numerous cases documented about European ferrets attacking people, killing some, impacting agriculture, and killing animals.  No jokey.   

PPI Jason

Quote from: PPI Lillie on February 17, 2010, 12:42:28 AM
Seriously, the issue of ferret laws in California came up at work today, and we spent a few minutes researching it.  There are numerous cases documented about European ferrets attacking people, killing some, impacting agriculture, and killing animals.  No jokey.   

Funny you mentioned that. I just did a parole search on a home today and guess what was running around on the ground? A farret. Cute little guy. Part of my job was to keep the little guy happy so he didn't eat anyone's face.
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

ljiljanac

haha!  That's why the ferret came up this morning.  lol lol lol   

Damian

I had no idea that ferrets were potentially so dangerous.   :o

PPI Brian

Not a ferret, but this you tube clip came to mind as I read this post.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF-0x1bLl7U

Damian

The Dramatic Chipmunk!  I love that little guy.  I even have a t-shirt with him on it.  Good call Brian!

ljiljanac

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAA!!!!    :D   OMG I'M DYIN!!!   LOL LOL