News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

This week's San Diego Reader: Bigfoot

Started by PPI Debra, January 14, 2010, 08:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Debra

Bigfoot is the cover story at the San Diego Reader this week.
http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2010/jan/13/cover-i-just-found-bigfoot/

I haven't read the article  yet, but I thought it might be interesting to people here on the board.

My husband used to work at Descanso prison (which is now closed). When he was in training there, they explained that there is a bigfoot on the grounds. They explained that the Native American elders said it was a protector of the burial grounds nearby. The deputies were all informed not to shoot at it under any circumstance. There are documented Sheriff's reports of bigfoot sightings around San Diego County.

Which also brings up the idea of  tulpas. Brian M. started a discussion on tulpas in the "Page of Wands" section: http://www.pacificparanormal.com/forums/index.php/topic,2746.0.html

I was looking through the current theories of paranormal investigating, and I came across the theory that bigfoot is a tulpa. According to the Tibetan classification, it is not a tulpa. They are a class of being that has independent existence. They are respected as guardians of a sacred space. They are left food and offerings. The are often seen in the mountains of all parts of the world. (There is at least one that lives in Tehachapi.)
[/size

I also have read a rather scarey and interesting book called Hunt for the Skinwalker, by Colm A. Kelleher, Ph.D. and George Knapp. It's about a ranch in Utah that has had a long history of UFO's, poltergeist phenomena, high strangeness, cattle mutilations, and bigfoot.  I 'm suspicious about the story due to the presence of a huge corporation, Bigelow, that was behind the investigation and years of secrecy. (I always feel suspicious about corporations!)

"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

PPI Tim

A bigfoot in the mountains of San Diego........I find that hard to believe due the large population of humans here and its lack of area remoteness. There would be far more stories about a bigfoot and its tracks and photos. I haven't seen any as of yet.
Now the idea as a Tulpa....That is interesting but again with so many people living here, I find it surprising that there aren't footprints or photos of this creature.
Sounds interesting...Go on.

ljiljanac

Debra.....While in the Marine Corps, my squadron was stationed up at Edwards Air Force Base, which is approximately 35 miles east of Tehachapi.  I also used to work in Tehachapi and the surrounding area as an EMT with Hall Ambulance up there.  I never heard of there being a "tulpa" or Bigfoot in existence up there.  Granted, it was not everyday conversation or a conversation that anyone in my circles engaged in.  However, I figured that would have been town lore that residents would have talked about and passed on.  The mountains around Tehachapi consists mainly of open terrain that would not conceal Bigfoot for very long.  I wonder where that got started and what the basis is.  I wonder if there are things going on in Tehachapi that I never knew of!   :o   

PPI Debra

Lillie,

There is a 475 acre retreat center and wildlife refuge at the top of the mountain at the end of Paradise Valley Road in Tehachapi. It is private property. It is all forest terrain, with many freshwater streams. I have stayed there for a total of 12 weeks over 4 years. There is an amazing array of wildlife there, including bears who love bananas!  Witnesses to the yeti include a Harvard educated trauma physician (she was terrified , this incident helped change her view of science), a judge from Los Angeles, and a Grammy award-winning singer. (Not to mention the lamas and "regular folk"). I have personally known these people for over 4 years. I did not see the yeti, or see the huge footprints. I did have an unusual encounter in the dark, around 11 pm, with something that was not a bear (I grew up in the woods). I have no explanation for it, and since it was at night, I feel my witness account is useless.
The lamas at the center do not view the yeti with any fascination. They are always surprised when they first come to the US. They don't understand how we Americans don't see spirits, yetis, elementals, etc. Their belief system is ancient and comes from the Bonpo, which is very shamanistic.
Reports of the yeti precede the establishment of the center, and go back to the Native American tradition there.

Tim-- I wish I still had access to the Sherrif Department reports  re: the San Diego County sightings. It's earned the nickname "zoobie". Even if he is not real, many people believe he is. Here is a public database:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_county_reports.asp?state=ca&county=San+Diego

I personally am somewhat agnostic about these things.
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

ljiljanac

Debra....

Thanks for the info!   :)    There are a few refuge parks on either side of the 58 and north, and I have flown over them many times.  It's interesting that the Tehachapi townsfolk (whom I had gotten to know pretty well over my years there) don't talk about any sightings or rumors.  Forgive my skepticism regarding Tehachapi itself.   :)   The first time I ever heard of Bigfoot or a Yeti was on the 70's show, "The Six Million Dollar Man". (Yes, I am dating myself.  haha!)  All I remember is Bigfoot standing in the circular rotating ice tunnel that you go through at Universal Studios in L.A. (It's since been converted to a dark dirt kind of rotating tunnel).  My ex has one fear in life and one fear only.....Bigfoot.  I have always been fascinated by stories of sightings of Bigfoot and have always wanted to go camping in the Stanislaus mountains to see what I could find.  Maybe one day, I will!   :D  I am pretty sure that the Stanislaus are the best bet, over Tehachapi.  Being that there is no definitive proof either way, I cannot/would not/will not conclude the Tehachapi Yeti, or Bigfoot, as false. 

ljiljanac

For the PPI Team......During the two investigations that you have done in Tehachapi in 2007, had anyone ever mentioned sightings to you guys? 

PPI Karl

Quote from: ljiljanac on January 16, 2010, 08:14:52 PM
For the PPI Team......During the two investigations that you have done in Tehachapi in 2007, had anyone ever mentioned sightings to you guys? 

Truthfully, only one of us currently with PPI actually participated in the Tehachapi investigations.  I have extensive information with interviews conducted, not just with our clients, but with some of the townspeople who volunteered information, but most of what they volunteered was about the overall haunted nature of the area.  A lot of residents genuinely believe the entire town of Tehachapi is paranormally active.  I don't know, however, if any of them mentioned other kinds of sightings.  Perhaps Brian knows more. 

Sir Brian, what say you?
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

Brian Johnson

On the one investigation I participated in out in Tehachapi, we had the chance to talk to a few locals. I cannot recall anything about a Bigfoot sighting, or anything cryptozoological for that matter. Althought I do recall Glenn Pitcher saying there was a lot of KKK activity up in the mountains.

PPI Tim

I do believe there Bigots in our mountains but not bigfoots.

PPI Debra

Heck, those critters are even near my home.

Brian Johnson

I think you can find them anywhere you go. I am shocked that with all the advances we have made in our society, that there is still so much hatred in our world.

PPI Debra

I agree. It is shocking that our society or culture is still so "ignant" in some ways.

ljiljanac

A close friend of mine just told me about a friend of hers who bought a large, beautiful piece of property in a Utah town for dirt cheap.  When asked why the property was so cheap and available for so long, the realtor advised her that the property next door was a KKK compound and "training center", and that the cammoflage tents out and about the entire compound were the FEDS monitoring the movements of the KKK 24/7.  Being that her friend is white, she has had no issues living there and has befriended some of them in a non-supportive way.   

PPI Debra

The retreat Center and wildlife refuge in Tehachapi, that I mentioned earlier in this conversation was purchased from the KKK.

The Dalai Lama himself, as well as other high Tibetan dignitaries, came to the center to "purify" the place.

PPI Tim

Quote from: Debra, PPI Consultant on January 19, 2010, 01:10:35 AM
The retreat Center and wildlife refuge in Tehachapi, that I mentioned earlier in this conversation was purchased from the KKK.

The Dalai Lama himself, as well as other high Tibetan dignitaries, came to the center to "purify" the place.

They must have blessed thier butts off to get rid of that much hate and stupidity. Please tell me that the Dalai Lama didn't do his best Zelda Rubinstein afterwards "THIS PLACE IS CLEAN ;D

PPI Tracy

Wow Debra.  Talk about buying a place that has some baaad juju.  (and that's an understatement)

PPI Debra

[/quote]
They must have blessed thier butts off to get rid of that much hate and stupidity. Please tell me that the Dalai Lama didn't do his best Zelda Rubinstein afterwards "THIS PLACE IS CLEAN ;D
[/quote]

It was a year long process, with the dignitaries coming in 2 week shifts. I wasn't there until the very end. The Tibetans' humor is a little different than us Westerners. The only joke I heard about all this was: "Never bring A Gelugpa to an exorcism. They only know theory." (The Gelug are scholars.) The Nyingma are the "big guns" in dealing with the paranormal. Each sect has insider jokes on the other. Of course, I became a Nyingma.

PPI Debra

Quote from: TAPS Tracy on January 20, 2010, 10:47:43 AM
Wow Debra.  Talk about buying a place that has some baaad juju.  (and that's an understatement)

It was really very sad what had happened there.
The good news is that the wildlife has come back and it feels pristine.

PPI Tim

Debra,
I have heard that performing things exorcisms can take a lot out of you. How did you feel afterwards?

PPI Debra

Tim,

Doing any retreat--which was usually 12 days or longer---was exhausting. It is meant to be that way. Each retreat has a purpose. We had what was called a Troma retreat every fall. That was when we dealt with ghosts, demons, etc.. (from catastrophes, plagues, request from families of suicides, etc.) I actually adapted to the Troma practice rather quickly. I was amazed at how the entities were dealt with: if they didn't accept a job (for example: guard property or a building), then they were banished from our realm altogether. If they did accept the job, they were fed and handed their work orders (so to speak).  This system really worked. There wasn't any hysterical drama like the Catholic exorcism.... Troma is an ancient ritual used to purify "that which clings". Also, In Vajrayana (the type of teachings I've received) the concept of demon is viewed differently. You have to establish a "clear  view", and take responsibility for your own perceptions in order to approach your practices. All of this is a form of shamanism, and seems natural when being participated in.
http://www.khandro.net/dakini_shaman.htm