News:

Did you know PPI isn't just a forum? We have a comprehensive website packed to the gills with resources to educate and illuminate. Come visit us at  www.pacificparanormal.org.

Main Menu

Characteristics of Apparitions

Started by PPI Brian, November 10, 2009, 12:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Brian

Stumbled across this article on the Public Parapsychology website and thought it was worth sharing with our PPI forum family members:
http://publicparapsychology.blogspot.com/2009/11/apparitional-experiences-primer.html

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Tim

Hey Brian,
How much do you think that this article claims is valid?
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Brian

Hi Tim,

I'm not exactly sure. Some of the information appears to be legit, while the rest appears to be pure speculation. Of course, in this field, speculation is often quoted as fact.  :)

PPI Tracy

Just how every person is different, I think the same holds true for apparitions and how various individuals actually visually see them, feel them and just observe them in general.  Make sense? 

PPI Tracy

How funny.  This is the exact site and exact article I got my recent "Apparitions" thread postings from. 

PPI Brian

PPI Tracy

ljiljanac

I've always wondered if the degree of manifestation of an apparition (solid, see-through, filmy, etc) is directly proportional to the amount of "fuel" or "battery power" (EMF, emotion, etc) that it has to draw off of.

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Lillie on May 04, 2010, 05:15:21 PM
I've always wondered if the degree of manifestation of an apparition (solid, see-through, filmy, etc) is directly proportional to the amount of "fuel" or "battery power" (EMF, emotion, etc) that it has to draw off of.

Me too, Lillie.  Absolutely.

Damian

Lillie, I think that's a good working theory...especially if you're of the mind that an entity is energy.
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum

ljiljanac

Quote from: PPI Damian on May 06, 2010, 04:45:22 PM
Lillie, I think that's a good working theory...especially if you're of the mind that an entity is energy.

Damian, I find I can understand things easier by equating them to mechanics or something nutsy and boltsy or battery-ie.   ;D

So, if an entity IS energy, I wonder if entities are different from one another in how much energy an individual entity needs to manifest itself (i.e. one can manifest itself where there is no power sources but only the environment like a cemetary or old castle, etc...as opposed to a house with electricity, water, etc.)

Damian

I like it!  I'm of the same mind.
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum