News:

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced investigator, the "For Investigators" area of PPI's main website is a learning resource center designed with you in mind, containing dozens of useful forms, guidelines, how-to's, and articles with topics such as investigative techniques, the peer review process, data and media cataloguing, team management, and much more!   

Main Menu

Ghost Lab

Started by PPI Brian, September 14, 2009, 05:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Brian

Discovery Channel announced a new paranormal TV show that will debut this fall called: Ghost Lab. Has anybody heard about this show or this paranormal group?

Discovery Channel press release:
http://press.discovery.com/us/dsc/press-releases/2009/ghost-lab/

Enid, OK newspaper article about recent filming for Ghost Lab:
http://www.enidnews.com/localnews/local_story_240002434.html

Everyday Paranormal's website:
http://www.everydayparanormal.com/Home_Page.php
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Tim

Is it starting Britt and Holly?
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Brian

No, that's another show. This one is new.  :)

I am anxious to see the types of equipment they use for their investigations. They allegedly have a trailer full of equipment they use for evidence analysis. After looking at their website, I am having difficulty believing their anything more than "Ghost Adventures" with a Texas drawl.

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Tim on September 15, 2009, 06:43:08 PM
Is it starting Britt and Holly?

Dude, I love ya and you are as cute as a bug's ear...but give it a rest.  Please....for moi??

PPI Tim

Okay okay.. How about they rename the show and called it "JUMPING THE GHOSTSHARK WITH MEL AND ANDY"?

PPI Brian

That's bad, Tim.  ;D

Anyway, I've been surfing their website and learning a thing or two about Everyday Paranormal. Not sure what to think. They don't portray themselves as a serious paranormal research group. They haven't been around for very long, and from what little information I have been able to find, they haven't published any earth shattering new theories to advance the field. And they actually charge people to sign up for their forums.

I'm not psychic, but I'm getting a negative "vibe" already...

PPI Tim

Charge people to sign up for the forums.....Damn it! Why didn't we think of that?
They should rename their forums and call it the graveyard because it is going nothing but the dead.
"THIS PLACE WAS BUILT BY THE DEAD. AND THE DEAD WILL KEEP IT. THE WAY IS SHUT"

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Tim on September 16, 2009, 12:04:11 AM
Okay okay.. How about they rename the show and called it "JUMPING THE GHOSTSHARK WITH MEL AND ANDY"?

Oh DUDE!! You have totally outDONE yourself!!  You ROCK!!  Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' bout!!   >:]

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Tim on September 16, 2009, 03:28:54 AM
"THIS PLACE WAS BUILT BY THE DEAD. AND THE DEAD WILL KEEP IT. THE WAY IS SHUT"

Tim,

the way is......what?

PPI Tim

Lord of the Rings Tracy. The way is shut as in the place for the dishonored dead.  Like the Paranormal Forums who charge money to join them. They are both places that are dead.

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Tim on September 16, 2009, 11:37:25 AM
Lord of the Rings Tracy. The way is shut as in the place for the dishonored dead.  Like the Paranormal Forums who charge money to join them. They are both places that are dead.

Wow, Dude.  That's major.  Totally major.

PPI Brian

Well, I sat through the first episode of Ghost Lab last night. Anybody else see it?

PPI Tim

PPI Brian

Yeah, the Klinge brothers really came off flat. No personality at all.

PPI Brian

Three episodes have aired, and I'm still intrigued by some of the experiments conducted by EP. I liked the Tesla Coil they used in Tombstone. Not too impressed by the "evidence" they captured, but their field experiments keep me tuning in every Tuesday night.  :)

Shellshock

Ive been watching it. But thats just because I watch all the paranormal shows to compare.
Well,  minus M.H. that one is annoying.
XoXo

PPI Brian

I agree; MH is really hard to watch.

Scariest Places on Earth, however, is pretty cool.  :)
http://www.youtube.com/v/T54lLMJ17kk&hl=en_US&fs=1&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T54lLMJ17kk

Shellshock

Yeah ! I was watching those epis this weekend ! hehe
XoXo

PPI Brian

I love the hokey narration by Zelda Rubenstein. The movie Poltergeist really made her voice a horror icon, didn't it?

Gary

Alright... we need to make a little schedule with all the available Paravision shows (that was my lame attempt at a new term   ;D) that are on during the week.  Sadly, I only know when Ghost Hunters is on, and I'm growing tired of the drama.  The last episode I watched... well, I can't get that time back!   :-\

Soo..... when and what channel can we find more shows?   :)
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Debra

I watched two episodes....
but I love PPI more. ;)
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

Shellshock

I go on youtube to watch and get my paranormal fix*.  Rigby67 's channel  has a lot of cool paranormal shows on it. Check it out. :)
I dont get to watch t.v much. So I watch/listen while im doing my work on the compter. Makes adjusting and printing invoices go soo much faster.. heh.

;D
~Shell
XoXo

Gary

Awesome... I just subscribed.  I'll watch some after work.... before South Park!   ;D   

Thank you!
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Brian

Quote from: ravenmunin on October 21, 2009, 12:46:16 PM
I watched two episodes....
but I love PPI more. ;)

Thank you, Debra. You're too kind.  ;D

PPI Debra

The show is very fast moving (slick).
Definitely entertainment oriented.
In their episode in Chicago, I thought their use a of a machine to read auras/moods did not warrant the conclusion: that a change in aura color comes from a ghost or event imprint. Never mind they were yelling and screaming... whose aura/mood wouldn't change? But to them : Dang... it was a ghost! 
Allot of details are left out of the filming, the viewer isn't always sure what  protocols were used.
But this is just my opinion.
"If you're after gettin' the honey, don't go killin' all the bees." -Joe Strummer

PPI Tim

I'm going to have to see the show to make up my mind.
I'm thinking that the show is something like mythbusters or isn't it?

PPI Debra

I've only seen 2 episodes, but there has been no debunking on ghostlab.

PPI Karl

Quote from: ravenmunin on October 21, 2009, 08:00:23 PM
The show is very fast moving (slick).
Definitely entertainment oriented.
In their episode in Chicago, I thought their use a of a machine to read auras/moods did not warrant the conclusion: that a change in aura color comes from a ghost or event imprint. Never mind they were yelling and screaming... whose aura/mood wouldn't change? But to them : Dang... it was a ghost! 
Allot of details are left out of the filming, the viewer isn't always sure what  protocols were used.
But this is just my opinion.

I like the cut of your opinion's jib, Debra.  :D  Once again, resorting to hyperbole and gimmicks such as "extreme ghost hunting" demonstrates just how much these shows are NOT about making a name for yourself in paranormal investigating, but rather about aspiring to a "reality" TV career.  If the show makes it to another season (and it won't, so I'm not worried) we'll start seeing other TV reality "stars" turning out for the episodes.  Not that Ghost Hunters would ever do that. <cough>pro wrestlers<cough-cough>Destination Truth<cough>. ::|

Cue voice-over:
Next time, on Ghost Lab . . . The crew hot dog it with Tiffany "New York" Pollard and go to work at a paranormally active Wienerschnitzel . . . blah blah blah.
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Tim

I just saw a episode of Ghost Lab.
I like their lab but to what I have seen they can't conduct a proper baseline sweep worth a poop. They take pictures but don't document sources of high EMF in rooms. Nice Narrator from Deadliest Catch. Rocket Scientists they are not. I wonder if the Ghost Lab is also a toy box for All Terrain Vehicles when the crew want to investigate Sand dunes of Glamis. I hope they learn to step it up.

Gary

Tim, I also watched Ghost Lab last night.  I have previously seen a couple minutes of it, but never stopped to watch, until last night, and I fully agree.  They have a whole lot of fun toys.  I even had a dream last night that someone just gave me their little cell phone sized FLIR device, which was awesome, but I think I woke up before I got to put it to good use.  Damn!   ::|  Nice toys, bad style. 

From separate sides of the room, "Did you hear that breathing?  Yeah, right here. No, it was right it was by me, not you.  Oh, well there's a lot of pipes 'n' sh!t down here!"  These guys did come straight outta Glamis!!!

But again.... NICE Freakin' equipment!!!!   ;D 
Gary \m/