News:

Did you know PPI isn't just a forum? We have a comprehensive website packed to the gills with resources to educate and illuminate. Come visit us at  www.pacificparanormal.org.

Main Menu

Ghost's in the office?

Started by PPI Tracy, June 07, 2009, 02:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Tim

Intesting. Hummm.
Without know more about the camera and the DVR that filmed it I really can't say what it is.
Does it say when it comes back daily?
More testing is needed.
Sounds interesting...Go on.

Brian Johnson

To me it looks a lot like a flashlight beam. Maybe from the night guard. We should try to see if we can recreate it using our DVR and a maglight.

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Tim on June 08, 2009, 12:22:17 AM
Intesting. Hummm.
Without know more about the camera and the DVR that filmed it I really can't say what it is.
Does it say when it comes back daily?
More testing is needed.

Yes.  According to the guard, it does come back and they have it documented on the dvr with date/time as well.  It even came back after they closed the blinds. 

PPI Karl

Because of its style of movement and because it seems to be gliding, it's probably a baby spider travailing a filament on the dome.  It's blurry enough to be almost transparent, which is usually the sign of something very small and extremely close to the camera lens.  It traces the same path on a second day, which makes me think it descends from the ceiling and crawls onto the dome cover over the cameras (perhaps inside the dome), maybe to check its web.  Even as blurry as the image is, it has vague appendages that suggest an insect or spider.

Whatever it is, I'll bet it's not a ghost.  These potboiler news stories about ghosts caught on the surveillance cameras follow the same formula that intentionally evades investigative journalism:  they've checked the cameras for faulty tech and the camera lenses for dirt ::|, but both of these are merely red herrings to distract us from the likelihood it has to do with the dome cover over the cameras.  Perhaps a custodian will discover next week it's the lair of a white spider, or an access point for a scout termite.  Do you think MSNBC will do a followup for that?  I'll wager real money they won't, because the real agenda here is, not to explain what's been caught on surveillance cameras, but rather not to explain it, so that Mystery can once again be celebrated and people feel a sense of meaning and wonder on the periphery of their work days.  Not that I'm cynical about these issues.   P^/   (But, you know, I kinda like to gripe about them. ;))
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Tracy

Oooh, oooh!  I know!  I know!  It's Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire spiders! 

okay....as I sit here reading what I just wrote, all I know is that sounded much funnier in my head.  Then again, all things do these days.   ::|

PPI Karl

Quote from: TAPS Tracy on June 08, 2009, 12:56:29 PM

What's that Lionel Ritchie song?  "Dancin' on the Ceiling"?  Sumphin' like that?
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Brian

LOL! Perhaps Claire the Ghost is from the Planet Claire?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWqI_a7YHvM

Then again, it could be Fred Astair and Ginger Rogers dancing on the ceiling.  ;D

On a serious note, I've watched the video several times and keep arriving at the same conclusion; its something very small and very close to the lens of the surveillance camera. Karl is absolutely correct; when something small gets too close to the camera lens it becomes so out of focus that it becomes nearly transparent.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Brian M on June 08, 2009, 02:17:03 PM

Then again, it could be Fred Astair and Ginger Rogers dancing on the ceiling.  ;D

On a serious note, I've watched the video several times and keep arriving at the same conclusion; its something very small and very close to the lens of the surveillance camera. Karl is absolutely correct; when something small gets too close to the camera lens it becomes so out of focus that it becomes nearly transparent.

Can't access YouTube at work but the only "Planet Claire" I know of is a song by my fav, The B-52'S. 

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Karl on June 08, 2009, 01:13:04 PM
Quote from: TAPS Tracy on June 08, 2009, 12:56:29 PM

What's that Lionel Ritchie song?  "Dancin' on the Ceiling"?  Sumphin' like that?

"Oh what a feelin'....when we're Dancin on the Ceiling".  Even if you don't like Lionel Richie, ya can't help but shake it when that song is on.  I dare you to sit still. 

PPI Brian

Quote from: TAPS Tracy on June 08, 2009, 02:26:13 PM

Can't access YouTube at work but the only "Planet Claire" I know of is a song by my fav, The B-52'S. 

Bummer. Those darned employers take all the fun out of working.  ;D

The You Tube clip is the B-52's performing Planet Claire. Hope you get a chance to check it out later tonight. It's pretty cool.

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Brian M on June 08, 2009, 02:45:24 PM
Quote from: TAPS Tracy on June 08, 2009, 02:26:13 PM

Bummer. Those darned employers take all the fun out of working.  ;D

The You Tube clip is the B-52's performing Planet Claire. Hope you get a chance to check it out later tonight. It's pretty cool.

RIGHT ON!  Dude?.....you sooooo ROCK!

PPI Brian

I know this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, but here's one of my favorite B-52's videos: Private Idaho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7t7cGwN7_0&feature=PlayList&p=0DB5B575BFA69011&index=0&playnext=1

PPI Tracy

LOVE that song, Private Idaho!

PPI Tim

You're a member in your own paranormal group.
Sing it ;D

PPI Karl

"Get outta that state
that Paranormal State you're in.
You better bewa-aaarrre!"

For your download pleasure:

PPI Tracy

See?  That's why I love you guys.  Too cool, you are! ;D

PPI Jason

Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

PPI Brian

PPI Tim

Quote from: PPI Jason on June 09, 2009, 10:01:58 PM
Here's a cool ghost video I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giNeJAB5pYI&NR=1

Jason,
That clip scared the hell out of me!
Didya, Didya, Didya you see when it came out behind the curtain? :o

PPI Tracy

Thanks for the warning, Tim!  P^/

PPI Karl

These are both classics.  I've seen 'em before, and the just keep coming back to haunt me.  (I guess that makes them both "residual".  ;D)

PPI Tracy

I don't think I have seen them and I KNOW I don't want to.  I HATE those stupid videos that scare the crap out of you!! :o

PPI Karl

Jason's is the equivalent of paranormal burlesque.  You'll get a kick out of it.  Miller's, I'm quite sure, you've seen posted on the TF boards; you know well enough how it ends. ;)

ldwalkup

Some spirits have too much time on their hands.

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Karl on June 10, 2009, 12:48:02 PM
Jason's is the equivalent of paranormal burlesque

Wow.  If you just took that apostrophe out of his name, we could compliment him on his lovely legs and high kicks.   >:]

JP

Quote from: TAPS Tracy on June 08, 2009, 05:07:06 PM

What no prop's for rock lobster? whats this world coming to :P

PPI Brian

Quote from: JP on August 27, 2009, 02:16:49 PM

You gotta love Rock Lobster. But one of my favorites by the B's is 52 Girls. Great old song.  :)

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Brian M on August 28, 2009, 02:26:26 PM
Quote from: JP on August 27, 2009, 02:16:49 PM

You gotta love Rock Lobster. But one of my favorites by the B's is 52 Girls. Great old song.  :)

Planet Claire?  ( i like really early 52's).  Then again, I also like "X", The Cars, Pretenders (first album).....all that stuff that came out of the late 70's.  Back when K-ROQ was actually GOOD.  (It's an Orange County/LA thing)

PPI Tracy

Wow....now that I think of it

ELO
Rush
Blue Oyster Cult
Styx
Journey
REO
Pat Benatar
Fleetwood Mac (circa "Rumors")
Steely Dan
The Cars
did I mention The Cars?
How about The Cars?

Then there is disco.  Love that stuff.

Okay..I'm really showing my age now.  (and getting way of topic.  what were we talking about, actually?....)