News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

Looking to get involved

Started by sjunkins21, February 27, 2009, 02:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjunkins21

Soooo...I've been out in the Los Angeles area for a couple of years now, and after lurking here for a while (sorry about that) and finally getting to a place in my life where I feel comfortable to start doing things again, I'm desperately searching for a good group to get involved with.  I don't have much formal experience, but I'm more than willing to start at the bottom and work my way up. 

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of anything in the L.A. / Orange County area that would be worthwhile.
"Why worry? Each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back."
-Dr. Peter Venkman

PPI Brian

No apologies needed for lurking around the site. We welcome lurkers.  ;D

There are a lot of groups in the Los Angeles/OC area on the web. I would recommend logging into their forums and striking up some conversations. Just get involved in the discussions for a while and see if the people responding seem to be on the same "wave length". It's all about networking. Check out the meet up groups and paranormal conferences in your area too. There are always events at the Queen Mary in Long Beach, and it's a great place to meet people.

Best wishes

Brian
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

sjunkins21

Thanks Brian!  It's much appreciated! 

Where would one find info on groups in the area, if I may ask?  I've tried google searching a bunch, but to no avail.  I'd love to go to some meetings out here and get some face to face interaction with some like minded people!
"Why worry? Each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back."
-Dr. Peter Venkman

PPI Tracy

Quote from: sjunkins21 on February 27, 2009, 02:00:02 AM
Soooo...I've been out in the Los Angeles area for a couple of years now, and after lurking here for a while (sorry about that) and finally getting to a place in my life where I feel comfortable to start doing things again, I'm desperately searching for a good group to get involved with.  I don't have much formal experience, but I'm more than willing to start at the bottom and work my way up. 

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of anything in the L.A. / Orange County area that would be worthwhile.

World wide list of paranormal investigative groups.  You'll need to dig through it, but Southern California pops up quite a few times. (we cannot vouch for these groups and are not promoting them in any way. Just posting for informational purposes)
http://www.ghostvillage.com/links/links_groups.shtml

This is pages and pages of paranormal groups and haunted locations, linked into one thread.
http://www.horrorfind.com/Haunted_Places/

Last but not least, there is always www.meetup.com
You can search for paranormal groups and like minded individuals in your area. 

Hope this helps and good to see you on the forums again.

sjunkins21

Awesome!  Thanks so much Tracy!!  It's good to be back.  :)
-Dr. Peter Venkman

PPI Brian

Quote from: sjunkins21 on February 28, 2009, 12:07:55 AM

Where would one find info on groups in the area, if I may ask?  I've tried google searching a bunch, but to no avail.  I'd love to go to some meetings out here and get some face to face interaction with some like minded people!

Hope Tracy's list helps.  ;D

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

SCP_Dave

Quote from: sjunkins21 on February 28, 2009, 12:07:55 AM

My group offers tours on the Star of India that get people together for a "REAL" ghost hunt, much different than the ones you'll find at the HUMONGOUS events held by other groups. You should check them out, you may find yourself in a group in no time flat :) http://www.scparanormaltours.com I actually found our newest member at our last event...so you never know  ;)