News:

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced investigator, the "For Investigators" area of PPI's main website is a learning resource center designed with you in mind, containing dozens of useful forms, guidelines, how-to's, and articles with topics such as investigative techniques, the peer review process, data and media cataloguing, team management, and much more!   

Main Menu

Ghost touch

Started by PPI Tim, September 06, 2008, 04:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Tim

Hey Guys,
I was wondering something.
I have heard many stories of people that claimed that they were touched by a ghost.
The thing that left me wondering was the description of what it felt like when they were touched by a ghost or something paranormal.
Did the touch have a thermal sensation (hot or cold)?
or a barometric sensation (pressure on the skin)?
or was it a electrical sensation (like a static charge against the body)?
Let me know whatcha think.
Tim
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Karl

In fact, Tim, it's one of the tales told by Jason Hawes every now and again--about putting his hand through a ghost.  Beyond that, however, I've never heard him describe the sensation of it or the aftereffect.  It's a fair question.  The only sensations I've ever experienced in the field are the light pressure of what I thought were fingers stroking my head or face.  Others have described these "touches" in the same way:  pressure ranging from a light touch to an outright grab.  One of our previous PPI investigators now working for TAPS West claims to have been grabbed lewdly by something unseen.  Yet, I don't recall whether any temperature variations were noted.  Perhaps on some future investigation when I'm a lone in a room with someone who gets felt up, I'll remind them to tell me if they think it's hot.   ("Private" joke. :P )
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Tim

That is interesting Karl.
The touch had a pressure sensation.
What areas of the body have the most reports of being touched by ghosts?
(Head, Face, Arms, Back etc.)
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Tim on September 06, 2008, 04:56:18 AM
Hey Guys,
I was wondering something.
I have heard many stories of people that claimed that they were touched by a ghost.
The thing that left me wondering was the description of what it felt like when they were touched by a ghost or something paranormal.
Did the touch have a thermal sensation (hot or cold)?
or a barometric sensation (pressure on the skin)?
or was it a electrical sensation (like a static charge against the body)?
Let me know whatcha think.
Tim

Last night at Wolfe Manor during the time we were in the basement and we were in the football huddle, i distinctly felt a touch right on the top of my head at about where the hairline starts on the forehead.  It was not a heavy touch but almost like if you play "duck duck goose" with a group of people.  The sensation was gone very quickly.  Althought it was friggin 97 degrees down in that basement and all you were thinking about was.."oh my god, i need air".   :-\

and no, it wasn't someone else's noggin touching mine.  we weren't THAT close together..