News:

Thinking of inviting PPI to your home or business? Visit "Client Resources" on our main website for helpful articles and guidelines, or click "Request Help" to contact us about setting up an investigation.

Main Menu

Ricky Gervias Spooked at the Roosevelt Hotel

Started by PPI Brian, September 02, 2008, 06:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Brian

Promoting his new movie "Ghost Town", comedian Ricky Gervias claims to have been frightened out of Hollywood's infamous Roosevelt Hotel by paranormal activity. Is it just a publicity stunt?

http://www.showbizspy.com/news/Gervais_Spooked_At_Haunted_Hotel/08302008
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Tim

Sounds interesting...Go on.

Shellshock

XoXo

Kristen

I vote sham.  Too coincidental that it is for a ghost related movie.  Total movie propaganda.
Nothing in life is to be feared.  It is only to be understood.  ~Marie Curie

PPI Glenn

Ya, I agree. It's probably a stunt, but the Roosevelt is a pretty well known haunt.
Glenn Pitcher
Founder, Pacific Paranormal Investigations
R.I.P. (1963-2009)

johnny

I love the Roosevelt Hotel, we filmed there when it was being renovated between 1999 and 2001 or something.  It is beautiful and eclectic history piece.  Not to mention, in a neat part of LA with a park and stuff right across the way.   However, when I was in the movie lighting business and we had to film at night there, it did feel very spooky being alone, waiting for a lighting cue over the radio in areas of the hotel. As soon as we went up the elevators onto the floors being renovated, there was this feeling of being watched in some areas but  I never experienced anything out of the norm, nevertheless, the potential seems good for some activity there but this sounds like a movie marketing pitch :)
Heaven won't take me and hell's afraid I'll take over.

ldwalkup

bellalaghoste

funny I think I just had a laugh as they would say in england

PPI Brian

I would love to investigate the place. We almost had an opportunity to investigate the Comedy Club, which used to be Cirro's back in the day. The planned investigation fell through not once but twice after the owners scheduled. Very disappointing.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Brian M on July 02, 2009, 02:20:20 AM
I would love to investigate the place. We almost had an opportunity to investigate the Comedy Club, which used to be Cirro's back in the day. The planned investigation fell through not once but twice after the owners scheduled. Very disappointing.

Yeah, that was BEYOND dissapointing.   :(