News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

Snake Monster?

Started by SCP_Dave, March 16, 2009, 09:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCP_Dave

I found this article last week and wanted to post this up here....check it out. It's interesting and definitely leaves a LOT to talk about. What's your take on this thing? (you can click on the pictures too to see larger views of them)

http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/090219-borneo-monster.html

Brenna

As much as I would like to believe in snake monsters, those pictures are definitely photoshoped.
PPI Reserve Investigator

SCP_Dave

Quote from: PPI Brenna on March 16, 2009, 09:48:32 PM
As much as I would like to believe in snake monsters, those pictures are definitely photoshoped.

;D Well said!

PPI Jason

Yeah, I'm not buying into this photo at all. What really impresses me about this article though is that it brings up the topic but then gives a pretty reasonable analysis. I've read many articles where you see the photo and then get to read a sales pitch about how it can't possibly be false. This article doesn't do that. This article, and some of the posts after, point out things like the fact the photographer only took two photos, the fact the photographer remained anonymous, and the inconsistencies in geography.

Not to mention my biggest issue with cryptozoology. How can things get this big and leave no evidence? No remains, no nesting grounds, there would have to be a colony of these things in order to breed. Scientists discover new species all the time, but they are usually small creatures or fish that live 3 three miles below the ocean surface. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to find Big Foot or Nessy, but it just seems like if such creatures exist we would have more credible evidence by now. Just a thought.

By the way, I don't think the photo was "photoshoped." I think they used "Gimp 2.0"  :D
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
-Jack Handey

PPI Tracy

What do you MEAN it's not real?  Oh, come on folks. Just look at it.  Can't you see?  It's as real as the paper mache snake that Taylor made in 1st grade. 

WAIT!  It IS  the paper mache snake that Taylor made in first grade!!

PPI Karl

Taylor, young lady, if I find out you've been using your parents' PhotoShop . . . there'll be heck to pay, I tell ya!  ;)
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

ldwalkup

What's next?  A sighting of Godzilla???    Wait a minute.  Here he comes just walking down the street! (Do Wah Diddy Diddy Dum Diddy Do)  Darn.  I only managed to get one picture of him.