News:

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced investigator, the "For Investigators" area of PPI's main website is a learning resource center designed with you in mind, containing dozens of useful forms, guidelines, how-to's, and articles with topics such as investigative techniques, the peer review process, data and media cataloguing, team management, and much more!   

Main Menu

San Carlos Public Library Presentation of the Paranormal

Started by PPI Brian, July 27, 2008, 05:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Tim

Tweak in a can.

Energy drinks tear me up.
And they can be expansive.

Whatever you do Dave, don't have Brian J.
drink one before the presentation. :o
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Glenn

Oh ya, we know about that!! :)

Quote from: Tim on July 29, 2008, 03:24:22 AM
Tweak in a can.

Energy drinks tear me up.
And they can be expansive.

Whatever you do Dave, don't have Brian J.
drink one before the presentation. :o
Glenn Pitcher
Founder, Pacific Paranormal Investigations
R.I.P. (1963-2009)

MichaelF (FPIE)

Quote from: PPI-TAPS Dave on July 28, 2008, 11:19:17 PM
Here's my latest project. It took me 12 hours to design. Hope to see some of you there!
http://beyondrealityevents.com/wolfemanor/index.html

Hey Dave, where is Wolfe Manor at?

It's up near Fresno right?  Man I would love to go, but after that Volcano trip, I don't know if I feel like driving 5 hours for a one day event.  Boring driving alone lol.
200 years ago, our communication over computers would have been deemed magical and we all would have been burned at the stake.  200 years from now, explanations for what we call Paranormal will be in Science Textbooks.

ttjoon

Quote from: MichaelF (FPIE) on July 29, 2008, 10:12:57 AM
Quote from: PPI-TAPS Dave on July 28, 2008, 11:19:17 PM
Here's my latest project. It took me 12 hours to design. Hope to see some of you there!
http://beyondrealityevents.com/wolfemanor/index.html

Hey Dave, where is Wolfe Manor at?

It's up near Fresno right?  Man I would love to go, but after that Volcano trip, I don't know if I feel like driving 5 hours for a one day event.  Boring driving alone lol.
Our TAPS group is investigating in Sept.  I cannot wait!  Road trip!  Hopefully it will be one of our best investigations thus far.  We'll see.

PPI Glenn

Glenn Pitcher
Founder, Pacific Paranormal Investigations
R.I.P. (1963-2009)

PPI Tim

Brian J,
You drink that stuff at the program and you'll scare the children and parents away.
I don't want that.
You can talk about scary things but you can't look scary.

PPI Brian

Tim just informed me that the presentation has been bumped to 3:30 pm. No worries if we run a little long, because there is no one else on the calendar for the community room on Thursday.  :)
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Tim

No problem,
The flyer said the program started at 3:30pm

PPI Tim

Hey Guys,
Everything is a go at the Library.
Is there anything needed for the presentation?

PPI Brian

Hi Tim,

The only things rattling around in my skull are: the projector screen, a couple of extension cords and a surge protector. Seats set up in theater fashion with an aisle in between. We've got all the agendas and handouts printed up and I brought some good speakers to play a couple of our better EVPs.

Should we have a sign-in sheet?

dwalters

I am bringing my laptop, my camera to record it, a still shot cam, a tripod, and a power strip. I think that's all I need...I was going to buy a couple little external computer speakers, but it looks like Miller has that under control...right on.

PPI Tim

we don't need a sign up sheet
I'll see if we have a surge protector

dwalters

Brian Johnson

I could only track down one of my extention cords. Sorry, I will bring the one I found.

PPI Karl

I've got a couple of grocery bags worth of extension cords and a length of 3-prong adapters resembling a coral snake.  Also, I'll be bringing my MacBook Pro for class tonight, so if there's a need for another Apple, we'll have one.  Are there any peripherals you need?  I've got VGA adapters and other A/V connectors for the Mac.  Say the word, and they shall be heeled. 
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Brian

I just wanted to thank everybody for their efforts to make this presentation a success. Tim, Dave, Brian, Glenn and Karl you all did an excellent job, and I think the presentation went very well. The particpants enjoyed the presentation and I think it inspired us to move forward with our plans to do a Paranormal 101 course in the very near future. ;D

MichaelF (FPIE)

200 years ago, our communication over computers would have been deemed magical and we all would have been burned at the stake.  200 years from now, explanations for what we call Paranormal will be in Science Textbooks.

PPI Tim

Thank you one and all. 
My boss and the Children's Librarian Eric told me that they were very pleased with the presentation. 
I think that PPI showed that not only can it investigate the paranormal but it can also educate the public about the paranormal.
TAPS would be proud.
I will pass the word on to other city libraries about PPI.
WARNING
You might be called again to do another presentation.
Thank you guys once again.
Tim

PPI Karl

I feel like I kind of got the best of both worlds on this one:  it was fun just to sit back and passively watch all your planning and preparation come to fruition, but it was an honor to be actively involved in an impromptu way.  I look forward to coming next time, and to planning a lecture in future.

Sorry I couldn't join up with anyone later in the night.  Final examination portfolio presentations went on until almost 9:00 p.m. (I was expecting us to finish at 8:00).  I was just beat by the time I got home, poor me. :'(

If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Brian

Hi Karl,

Tim, Shelly Brian J and I were still at Hooley's after 9:00. Unfortunately, they were out of Guinness. :o

Before we bailed out of there, Brian J challenged me to a game of cricket. We were down to the final bull's eye and I just couldn't hit it no matter how hard I tried. Tim said in his best Groucho Marx voice that "I had to say the magic woids: Day Old Won Tons". Lo and behold, as soon as I said it, I hit the bull's eye.  ;D

PPI Brian

Quote from: MichaelF (FPIE) on August 01, 2008, 10:22:13 AM
Good show, was nice to finally meet you all.

Thanks, Mike. It was good to meet you too. Thank you for attending; you made some very interesting points during the presentation.

Looking forward to putting together a more comprehensive training class!

ellie

I saw the video David took of the presentation. Good job guys! Way to represent. I noticed the audiance was entertained. Great Job!

PPI Brian

Quote from: PPI Ellie on August 01, 2008, 02:16:56 PM
I saw the video David took of the presentation. Good job guys! Way to represent. I noticed the audiance was entertained. Great Job!

Hi Ellie,

We missed you, Becca and Justine at this presentation. Wish everybody could have been there.  :)

ttjoon

Congratulations guys.  Great job!  Hopefully sometime I can actually be there.  I was with you though in spirit!

PPI Brian

Hi Tracy,

We missed you too! The presentation went well, and Dave video taped the whole thing in HD.

ttjoon

Quote from: PPI Brian M on August 03, 2008, 01:23:22 PM
Hi Tracy,

We missed you too! The presentation went well, and Dave video taped the whole thing in HD.

Right on.  I can't wait to see it!