News:

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced investigator, the "For Investigators" area of PPI's main website is a learning resource center designed with you in mind, containing dozens of useful forms, guidelines, how-to's, and articles with topics such as investigative techniques, the peer review process, data and media cataloguing, team management, and much more!   

Main Menu

Glenn Pitcher - President of Pacific Paranormal Investigations 1964-2009

Started by dwalters, June 26, 2008, 11:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Karl

I'm going to merge this thread with the old posts from when that Scare Tactics video was first posted.  I'm glad we held onto them in the "Old Threads" category.  They're now right at the beginning of this thread.  (I was hoping they would append to the end of this thread.  Sorry.)
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Brian

Here's a very short video clip of Glenn from a residential investigation. Thought I would share it with all of you here.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Karl

Wonderful.  :D  Thank you, Brian, for making this available.

When you have the time, could you let me know which residential case this was?  (Privately, of course.)  Thank you. :)
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Karl

I had the opportunity to speak with Missy early this afternoon about a few matters, and to confirm the plans for the weekend ceremonies.  Glenn's "Celebration of Life" ceremony will go ahead as scheduled on March 14, 2:30 p.m., at Community Church of Poway.  Once again, bright colors are requested; no somber clothing.  If you would like to say something to remember Glenn, a portion of the ceremony will be dedicated to remembrances, and any may contribute without prior permission.  (This is a change from last time.)  A private "invitation only" ceremony with Missy, Kimmy and a few family members will be held on Friday afternoon, 2:30 p.m., at Dearborne Cemetery in Poway.

Missy wanted to convey how grateful she is for our remembrances and support.  She's had a very difficult weekend (more details to follow), and stated, "You have no idea how much it helped to know that people were thinking about me and Kimmy this past week."  She would be grateful for any calls you'd like to make to her to talk or reminisce about Glenn, so long as they're made after 9:00 p.m., when Kimmy goes to bed.  Currently, both Missy and Kimmy are being well looked after; close family are visiting, and Missy's little nephew was even put on the phone to say hi to me.

However,  when I last spoke with Missy (on Tuesday of last week), she was preparing to meet at Pomerado Hospital to discuss an autopsy.  The results of that autopsy arrived by Friday, and Missy's father drove her and Kimmy up to Idlewild on Saturday to escape for a while and regain some perspective.  While nothing will move forward until after this weekend's ceremonies, it seems probable now that a lawsuit against the hospital is imminent:  Glenn's death now seems the unnecessary result of negligence on the part of hospital staff during the hours between 10:00 p.m., March 1 and 6:30 a.m. March 2.  Staff failed to record vitals and contact Glenn's doctor concerning serious symptoms he was experiencing, not the least of which was the regular coughing up of blood.  Additionally, Missy left express and clear directions that she was to be called in the event of any change to Glenn's condition during the night.  Because these directions were completely ignored, Missy was denied the chance to be there as an advocate for Glenn's health care, for which she would have insisted that Glenn's doctor be contacted immediately.  Had he been, he could have been treated in one of several ways that could have saved his life.  As it was, Missy was not contacted until 6:30 the following morning, after Glenn had already succumbed.  It sounds as though Glenn's doctor is encouraging Missy to pursue legal action.  He was not only in tears with her over Glenn's death and the missed opportunity to save him, he will be attending Glenn's service on Saturday in support of Missy.  Missy is, of course, torn over about this.  Not wanting to appear intent on revenge, she wishes to save other families from this same needless and tragic fate, and to protect Kimmy.  As a result, she will be suing the hospital.

With regard to the specific actions that can be considered negligence, I'm afraid I don't have all the details.  It was obviously too painful for Missy to tell me everything in that degree of detail, so I didn't press for it.  I'm sure, however, it will come out in future conversations with her.    I want to make sure that everyone understands the ramifications of this.  And it's very painful for me to say this, but it has to be said, and we have to rally behind Missy about this:  Glenn's death was preventable.  Our friend died because of hospital negligence!   Meanwhile, as I've said:  let's try to rally behind Missy in what may be a difficult road ahead.

ldwalkup

Oh my God!  What a waste of life.  It shows how diligent you have to be when one's loved one is in the hospital, long term care or any circumstance like that.  I am  saddened even more that his death could have been prevented.  My heart goes out to his family.  God rest his sweet soul!

babyboo61

My deepest sympathy and prayers go out to Glen's family on his untimely passing. I wanted to let everyone know that on the second investigation that PPI did for me Glen and the crew drove over 2 hours to my home and when they arrived it was pouring rain.  When I saw Glen come into the house it was obvious that he was in alot of pain and walking with a cane.  This was in November 2008.  We talked for awhile and after things were set up and ready to go he excused himself and went to rest in the truck.  At the end of the investigation he said to me "Im so sorry for peetering out".  I told him "oh no thats ok, I can see your not feeling well" and he nodded his head yes. I just couldn't believe that as bad as he felt he still came all the way out for the investigation.    I appreciated what he did for me from the bottom of my heart and will never forget his kindness.  Im sure he is with the angels in heaven.  May god bless his family.

Respectfully yours,
Susan Alvarez

PPI Brian

Hi Susan,

Yes, Glenn felt obligated to help people in need, regardless of his own personal feelings. He was a selfless man who often put the needs of others above his own. Although it was a difficult journey for him, I know that he really enjoyed helping you and your family, and we all had a great time on the trip there and back.

Thank you for your kind thoughts at this time. We will be sure to share them with Glenn's family

Regards,

Brian Miller

babyboo61

Thank you Brian, Take care and best regards to all.

Susan Alvarez

PPI Karl

Cheryl, Glenn's sister, gave me permission to share these photos of Glenn that she posted to her MySpace--for those of you who are not on MySpace or can't otherwise access Cheryl's page.  Many of the early photos here were taken in Big Bear, where the remainder of Glenn's ashes will be spread.  Glenn's earliest memory of paranormal activity was in the cabin depicted in these photos, the very experiences that inspired him to take up the cause later in life.  I really found many of these pictures very moving, and even the later ones that show Glenn in an undisguised moment of genuine good humor and peace.  Clearly, Cheryl must have picked these out for the same reasons, and I'm so grateful to her for posting them in the first place and allowing me to share them.

PPI Karl

PPI Karl

PPI Karl

PPI Karl

PPI Karl

SCP_Dave

Wow, those are amazing pictures...so much personality in every single one!

PPI Tim

Wow Karl,
Mighty nice of you to put pictures of Glenn.
Thank you for doing that.
0:<
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Brian

Hi Karl.

thanks for posting these pictures. They are really incredible. But I must admit it broke my heart to see them, because once again I am reminded that our friend is no longer with us.

PPI Brian

I can't believe it's been a month since Glenn passed away. It's strange. In a way it seems like an eternity, and in another way it seems like only yesterday.

PPI Karl

I completely agree.  The entire month of March, in fact, seems like just one long week that I can recall only through teary eyes.  The fact that life seems to go on in spite of it just adds insult to injury sometimes. 

PPI Tracy

Karl and Brian, I couldn't agree more.  I miss him so much.  It almost seems like a bad dream that we are all going to wake up from.  Just a really bad nightmare.  I wish it was only that.  I can just imagine Glenn is looking down on us right now and saying, "Hey!  I CAN hear it now, guys"!! 

I know that he is happy and he is proud.  I do feel like he is with us.  I really do.  :)

SCP_Dave

I know it has been a while, but I still think of Glenn often. It was a severe BLOW, and it still is. I just found some pictures again, that I'd like to share with you all. This was at Hooley's for Karls birthday and his congrats on closing escrow (finally) :)

enjoy...

I hope everyone has a splendid weekend!! See you soon PPI!

PPI Brian

Wow, that brings back memories.

Thank you so much for sharing these, Dave. I think about Glenn all the time. I'm still struggling with the concept of his loss; I know it sounds strange, but I keep expecting to get a PM from him on the boards, or a call or an e-mail. Even though it's been nearly two months, I just can't imagine a world without Glenn.

PPI Tim

Thank you Dave.
Those are very cool Pictures.
I write this post smiling. :)
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Tracy

These are both heart warming and heart breaking at the same time.  Precious memories.  Dave, thank you for posting these. 

PPI Karl

I don't know what was in the air on Friday, but I was thinking about Glenn all day.  I was watching something Friday afternoon, and just started tearing up, then I logged on and saw these pictures and that other people were doing the same thing.  It's so strange.  Like Brian M., I keep expecting him to reply to one of our posts any day now.

That being said, Dave, the pictures you posted were really moving.  I would really, really like to incorporate some of these into our tribute to Glenn, as soon as I can get back to that project (very soon!).  Thank you so much for sharing these.

Brian Johnson

Thank you David. It was very hard for me to look at those pictures and then write something. Even after 2 months it is still very hard for me, as I am sure its hard for the rest of you that knew Glenn well. I am constantly thinking of Glenn, and wondering what he would think of certain things. I find myself saying, "I should call Glenn, and tell him the news", but then I realize he isn't going to answer the phone. I miss him so terribly. :'(

SCP_Dave

I really like the memorial page you guys made! I find myself visiting it often...if only I can speak with him again. I would love to have one more conversation with my friend Glenn!

Take care you guys!

Peace and Love!
David (dave) Walters

bellalaghoste

Glenn you where a great man and I learned so much from you. My heart goes out to all of you guys who where close to him.
Good bye my web friend. I will miss you.

PPI Karl

To be completely honest with you, I'm not the sort of person who really buys into the premise of most major holidays, including Thanksgiving a lot of the time.  However, this year is different, and I've spent part of the morning reflecting and inventorying the things in my life for which I really can be thankful; for the first time in a long time, I don't feel as though it's sweet-lemon rationalization or some false rehashing of Pollyanna's "Glad Game."  I'm closing in on 50 years old, I've got a comfortable home to call my own for the first time in my life, I'm legally married (who'd have thought that would happen in my lifetime? though, I can't be complacent with it knowing that others still cannot marry). I'm six months away from my dream of achieving tenure.   I've got many treasured friends and loved ones, even though some of them, myself included, are getting older or are not in the best of health, and I don't know what the future holds for anyone.  In fact, some of them may be taken from me for no reason I can understand, cut down by some senseless tragedy or act of negligence.  And that, of course, takes me to thoughts of Glenn, whose life ended so abruptly and unfairly.

I struggle to celebrate a day of thanks under the weight of such thoughts--an unavoidable cliche of mid-life, perhaps.  However, I think that's the point of Thanksgiving Day.  It may have begun as a commemoration of an historically important event that was unglamorous and incidental in its own time, but its purpose, I think, has evolved:  in modern times, it inspires us to consider the powerful ambivalence we feel over celebrating everything for which we should be thankful alongside everything for which we cannot and must not.  Underneath the stuffing of complacency lies the bones of hard reality:  Glenn, our friend, is dead.  It's not that I can't believe it; it's that I don't want to believe it.  And yet, what's to believe or not believe.  Fact is fact.  How do I become at peace with the fact and find something in his death for which I can be thankful?

Simply this:  for a period of several years, I shared the journey with him, and I will always have this memory of him as a caring, smartly skeptical and hopeful man whose influence on me and my life will forever go well beyond the arena of paranormal investigating.  I guess that's what it comes down to.  Yes, there are injustices and painful reminders that I, my loved ones, or the world, itself, could, out of neglect or senseless tragedy, simply end; no thanks.  However, I am thankful I'm alive and can dedicate some part of my life to correcting those transgressions and forestalling those inevitabilities.  This also means that, if I'm thankful for being alive, I should be equally grateful for the people who have shaped my life in any positive way.  Therefore, I am--in the literal meaning of the word--eternally grateful to Glenn, and I'm thankful for every good memory of the man I have, and every act of idealism he has inspired in me.

I wish everyone the clarity and peace of mind to make this Thanksgiving Day a hopeful celebration of whatever makes you feel ambivalent about your life.  For my own part, thanks be to Glenn.

PPI Brian

Hi Karl,

I too spent a portion of this day and late last night thinking of our good friend Glenn. I spent most of the day preparing for the arrival of family at my house, and now I have secluded myself for a moment to type these words. I can only imagine how painful it must be for Glenn's family this Thanksgiving. You are absolutely right Karl; this is a time that compells us to take stock of our situations, and to relect, acknowlege and be thankful for those souls who have shaped our lives with their love and friendship. I too am thankful for the bonds of friendship between our PPI family members; and I am thankful for the memories of our dear friend and brother Glenn Pitcher. God rest his soul.