News:

Did you know PPI isn't just a forum? We have a comprehensive website packed to the gills with resources to educate and illuminate. Come visit us at  www.pacificparanormal.org.

Main Menu

newly-discovered Indian tribe is seen aiming bows and arrows at an aircraft

Started by johnny, May 30, 2008, 08:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny

A newly-discovered Indian tribe is seen aiming bows and arrows at an aircraft in the Amazon jungle.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7428476.stm
Heaven won't take me and hell's afraid I'll take over.

MichaelF (FPIE)

It's not really a newly discovered tribe, it's just the last one that has had no outside contact with the "civilized" world.  The area that they live on is like a protected reservation, they have been watched for a while, but from a distance.
200 years ago, our communication over computers would have been deemed magical and we all would have been burned at the stake.  200 years from now, explanations for what we call Paranormal will be in Science Textbooks.

johnny

Quote from: MichaelF (FPIE) on May 30, 2008, 09:38:58 PM
It's not really a newly discovered tribe, it's just the last one that has had no outside contact with the "civilized" world.  The area that they live on is like a protected reservation, they have been watched for a while, but from a distance.

I just posted the BBC title right on here :) but you're probably right. The piece does mention they do know of a dozen or so tribes that have had no contact with the outside world in that area.  Pretty amazing though, they are really trying to shoot down an airplane or helicopter with bows and arrows.  I like their body paints, really colorful it seems,  :D
Heaven won't take me and hell's afraid I'll take over.