News:

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced investigator, the "For Investigators" area of PPI's main website is a learning resource center designed with you in mind, containing dozens of useful forms, guidelines, how-to's, and articles with topics such as investigative techniques, the peer review process, data and media cataloguing, team management, and much more!   

Main Menu

You have got to be joking

Started by Brian Johnson, May 28, 2008, 02:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Johnson

MichaelF (FPIE)

No wonder Uncle Bob hasn't visited lately!  I wonder if I pay the $20 he can give me him back.
200 years ago, our communication over computers would have been deemed magical and we all would have been burned at the stake.  200 years from now, explanations for what we call Paranormal will be in Science Textbooks.

ttjoon

Now I have seen everything....

The funny thing is that you know there are people out there that are stupid enough to actually buy one!

johnny

I think I've just about seen everything now, so what happens when you get to the end of the Internet?
Heaven won't take me and hell's afraid I'll take over.

ttjoon

Quote from: johnny on May 28, 2008, 04:26:05 PM
I think I've just about seen everything now, so what happens when you get to the end of the Internet?

You fall off.....

bellalaghoste

OMG!!This person is a jerk.   Well I guess I have seen everything. 

johnny

Quote from: PPI Tracy on May 28, 2008, 05:59:53 PM

You fall off.....

oh noes!!!!    :o

Brian Johnson

Yeah if you look at his sight even more, the guy has testimonials.

bellalaghoste

these people must be smoking drugs.

PPI Glenn

Naw, I think he's a wise businessman! It's the clients that are smoking crack!

...anyone remember pet rocks?? Need I say more?? :-)

Quote from: bellalaghoste on May 28, 2008, 07:10:13 PM
Glenn Pitcher
Founder, Pacific Paranormal Investigations
R.I.P. (1963-2009)

bellalaghoste

MichaelF (FPIE)

The really funny thing is that some people will buy them, open them up, then thier imagination and other things will run rampent.  Leading to calls to paranormal groups.
200 years ago, our communication over computers would have been deemed magical and we all would have been burned at the stake.  200 years from now, explanations for what we call Paranormal will be in Science Textbooks.

PPI Brian

Quote from: PPI Glenn on May 28, 2008, 07:16:48 PM

Good one, Glenn. You beat me to the "Pet Rock" analogy!  ;D Of course you realize that we are the only people old enough on the forums to have actually owned a Pet Rock. I think I bought mine at Food Basket.  :)

I was wondering just what kind of "ghost" is in the bottle... is it similar to the "ghosts" that some people leave behind on the elevator when they leave? A vaporous anomaly? Know what I mean?  :P  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkcOy3HOqbM
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

ttjoon

Quote from: johnny on May 28, 2008, 06:37:20 PM

You fall off.....

Oh nooo, Mr. Bill   :o

(okay, I totally dated myself there....)

ttjoon

Quote from: PPI Brian M on May 29, 2008, 01:12:30 AM
Quote from: PPI Glenn on May 28, 2008, 07:16:48 PM

Good one, Glenn. You beat me to the "Pet Rock" analogy!  ;D Of course you realize that we are the only people old enough on the forums to have actually owned a Pet Rock. I think I bought mine at Food Basket.  :)

I was wondering just what kind of "ghost" is in the bottle... is it similar to the "ghosts" that some people leave behind on the elevator when they leave? A vaporous anomaly? Know what I mean?  :P

Okay...I admit it already!  I had a pet rock!  The guy who thought up the whole thing is probably sitting in his living room right now in his mansion in Hawaii, just laughing is arse off at how rich he is and stupid we were.  No matter though....I liked my pet rock. 

PPI Brian

Quote from: PPI Tracy on May 29, 2008, 01:47:58 AM

You fall off.....

I remember Mr. Bill. For those of you who don't, allow this clip from You Tube to enlighten you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiGCD2Z0w9s

Of course Mr. Bill's Safety Tips was one of my personal favorites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k78TVkbrHHM

ttjoon

It's amazing how a piece of playdough could be so dang funny. 

Yeah....those were the days when Saturday Night Live was actually...FUNNY!  You couldn't beat Gilda Radner, Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, Jane Curtain, etc. 

"We are two WILD AND CRAZY GUYS"!

"Don't worry my little Rosanne Rosanna-danna's".

*door knocks*  "Who's there"?  "ahh, flowers.......um..candygram..."  LANDSHARK!

"Cheeseburga, Cheeseburga, Cheeseburga....Pepsi, Pepsi, Coke.  Ah...no coke"

PPI Brian

Quote from: PPI Tracy on May 29, 2008, 02:03:46 AM
It's amazing how a piece of playdough could be so dang funny. 

Yeah....those were the days when Saturday Night Live was actually...FUNNY!  You couldn't beat Gilda Radner, Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, Jane Curtain, etc. 

"We are two WILD AND CRAZY GUYS"!

"Don't worry my little Rosanne Rosanna-danna's".

*door knocks*  "Who's there"?  "ahh, flowers.......um..candygram..."  LANDSHARK!

"Cheeseburga, Cheeseburga, Cheeseburga....Pepsi, Pepsi, Coke.  Ah...no coke"

And who could forget: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3FnpaWQJO0

MichaelF (FPIE)

Ahhh for the good old days of Saturday Night live.  I'm old enough to remember pet rocks, but never owned one.  I do remember all those old Sat Night live skits though.

johnny

Quote from: PPI Brian M on May 29, 2008, 01:57:04 AM
Quote from: PPI Tracy on May 29, 2008, 01:47:58 AM

You fall off.....

I remember Mr. Bill. For those of you who don't, allow this clip from You Tube to enlighten you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiGCD2Z0w9s

Of course Mr. Bill's Safety Tips was one of my personal favorites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k78TVkbrHHM

hehehe, mr.bill rocks. geez it's been a while since I've seen him.

dwalters

Here's a piece of (que up dramatic music...) "USELESS SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE TRIVIA"

Was Steve Martin an actual Cast Member of the show?

a. No, he just holds the record for hosting the most amount of episides. Mr. Baldwin is catching up and may have even tied by now.

AND THAT'S YOUR "USELESS SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE TRIVIA"!

ttjoon

Nope.  He was never an official member of the show.  I believe he hosted it a total of 14 or 15 times though.

ttjoon

More SNL Trivia:

What legendary musical group were supposed to perform, but a television writers' strike caused this episode and the rest of the season to be canceled?

dwalters

I could be WAAAAAY off here, but I'd like to submit my answer.

The Beatles?

ttjoon

Quote from: PPI Dave on May 29, 2008, 12:52:31 PM
I could be WAAAAAY off here, but I'd like to submit my answer.

The Beatles?

snope...

johnny

hmm..  legendary group.. writers strike...   The Rolling Stones?

ttjoon

Quote from: johnny on May 29, 2008, 01:07:34 PM
hmm..  legendary group.. writers strike...   The Rolling Stones?

nada...

TAPS Jen

I had a pet rock too!  It was the offspring of my cousins' pet rocks! 

And Tracy - I LOVED Mr. Bill!
"Well behaved women rarely make history."

ttjoon

Quote from: TAPS Jen on May 29, 2008, 06:49:53 PM
I had a pet rock too!  It was the offspring of my cousins' pet rocks! 

And Tracy - I LOVED Mr. Bill!

Ah....the good old times. Simpler times. Before we knew what a Wii, DS, Webkins or Q-20 was.  (I can hear my parents voices echoing in my head..."Well, you know, we could have fun with a stick and a rock.  That's when kids actually played outside") Jeez.

Annyywwaaayy....anybody care to take another stab at my SNL trivia?  Come on.  I dare ya.....

*Hint: Think 1970's writer's strike.....

johnny

Hmmm.. .70s... ok two more guesses :)

Simon and Garfunkel

or

Bonnie and Cher?