News:

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced investigator, the "For Investigators" area of PPI's main website is a learning resource center designed with you in mind, containing dozens of useful forms, guidelines, how-to's, and articles with topics such as investigative techniques, the peer review process, data and media cataloguing, team management, and much more!   

Main Menu

Not a book, but a game...

Started by dwalters, February 15, 2008, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwalters

Has anyone played "Apparitions" yet? I downloaded the demo version for free on my Mac (yes, they have a PC version too) and I think I'll pay the $20 to unlock the serial and play with the full version. It's a pretty fun game.
http://www.starmountainstudios.com/apparitions/

I wouldn't make it mandatory for our investigators in training, but it's actually good little training program too. It teaches you to look for drafts that cause cold spots, it teaches you how to track down high EMF levels...it's pretty nifty. Best part about it is that it's a bit spooky which does a good simulation of putting yourself in that frame of mind to always be on your toes. Not too bad.

What are your thoughts, if you've played it?

Kristen

I love the "agent login"...and helped made by TAPS?  Gotta check it out.  (fellow mac user - yay!)
Nothing in life is to be feared.  It is only to be understood.  ~Marie Curie

Todd

i downloaded the demo and got a whole bunch of stuff caught on video lol like a person walking down the hall and vanishing haha its really cool

-Todd
Love is giving someone the power to distroy you, but trusting they wont

Damian

I'm a new Mac-user (FINALLY!!!), and loving every minute of it.  Apparitions sounds pretty cool...plus free demo  :o  I'm gonna check it out.
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It cuts the hand that wields it." --Rabindranath Tagore

"Me fail English? That's unpossible." --Ralph Wiggum

Gary

Yeah, I am glad this thread re-surfaced.  I think I'm gonna check it out also.  Wonder if it's multi-player?!?    ;D
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!