News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

Do You Think The Yeti And Big Foot Could Be The Same Creature?

Started by Brian Johnson, May 28, 2006, 07:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Johnson

I think that they could be but they are different species, like how monkeys are found all over the world but there are many varieties.

dwalters

Quote from: Brian JohnsonPPI on May 28, 2006, 07:00:19 PM
I think that they could be but they are different species, like how monkeys are found all over the world but there are many varieties.

Well, I personally do not believe in these creatures at all. That's my opinion, in fact...most of "cryptozoology" is for the birds in my honest opinion. If there's all these creatures lurking around our planet, why in the world haven't we found some fossils or even better, some fresh skeletons? Do these creatures know they are living in secret, so they make sure to hide all the bones of their dying? C'mon....this stuff isn't real. Now, with that said....sure, yeti and bigfool can be the same speices if they exhisted....it's just that one, over time, has adapted to colder climates. The comparison would be similar to that of Polar Bears and Black Bears.

Brian Johnson

One could argue that the dense forest just consumes the bones of these creatures and, we can't find them for that reason. There is only supposed to be a few thousand Bigfoots Or Bigfeet living anyway it would make them harder to find.

dwalters

Quote from: Brian JohnsonPPI on June 30, 2006, 06:27:34 PM
One could argue that the dense forest just consumes the bones of these creatures and, we can't find them for that reason. There is only supposed to be a few thousand Bigfoots Or Bigfeet living anyway it would make them harder to find.

Right, but if we've found bones of the earliest humans, and bones of Dinosaurs...both of which have been loooong gooone, we should've found bigfoot fossils or skeletal remains somewhere....we've found Mammoths in Alaska, and Camels in Alaska as well....freakin camels, seems to me we would've found something, somewhere, some time ago.....yet, we haven't.

Brian Johnson

Not yet at least. There haven't been many fossil expeditions to the middle of the forest.

dwalters

Quote from: Brian JohnsonPPI on June 30, 2006, 10:35:57 PM
Not yet at least. There haven't been many fossil expeditions to the middle of the forest.

That was point exactly though Brian. Who's to say what the "middle of the forest" was over 1000 years ago or less? Camels wouldn't be caught dead in Alaska would they? They would, they have been found dead and frozen....back when they were able to live in Alaska, back when Alaska was nowhere near what it is today. That's all I'm trying to say. The whole world changes through time, oceans dry up, cities sink....things are not what they used to be. So why haven't we found anything, anywhere to prove that even existed in the past? Why would they exist now...with no trail. We can even trace the progression of the homo sapien back to the neandrathol, we can trace birds back to dinosaurs....but we can't trace a big huge sasquatch?

Brian, these are just my opinions is all. I know we find different speices on the planet all the time.....but why can't we catch some big beast living in a forest, or up in the alps or anywhere for that matter.

Brian Johnson

Correct me if I'm wrong but, as I recall we did find a big ape skeleton dating back several million years not too long ago. I forget where but, I think it was in National Geographic or some magazine like that.

sadcat

i'm one who has to say i do believe it to be possible. sighting have been going for many many years so maybe so .

PPI Glenn

And you know, they're finding new species all the time - I read something last week that scientists found a whole bunch of new species I think down in Indonesia.
Glenn Pitcher
Founder, Pacific Paranormal Investigations
R.I.P. (1963-2009)

shieldmaiden

Yes they are finding new species all the time. And very recently.
I am a big game hunter and have been all my life. I have many friends that are hunters and most can tell you that they don't even see bear or cougar very much while hunting. I see one at least once a year, and that is a lot. So, if you take that into concideration, not seeing an animal that are plenty and well-known, than we take another creature that is very few, more intellegent, and you are not going to find one unless they want to be seen. How many bones of a bear or cougar are found? Very rarely. In fact, in all the years I have hunted (many) I have never found a cougar or bear skull. I hunt in very dense, steep terrain. A lot of hunters won't even think of going in some of the places I go, but even in those unpopulated areas I still do not find skulls and very few bones of deer and elk. The forests are huge here. I have been in the woods knowing that a herd of elk, which are huge animals, are not but 40 yards from me, and still not be able to see them. The forest can hide many things. And it does. And yes, I have heard Bigfoot twice while hunting. I know he exists. He is just like most wild creatures...timid and shy. He isn't going to come out and say 'hey, here I am...", he hides just like our elusive ghosts in a sense. There are a lot of people who claim to see ghosts. Where is that proof? There are countless reports that ghosts/spirits are seen and the same goes for the bigfoot. The problem is, where is the proof for either one? Can you capture a spirit? Probably not, but you can capture it on camera...so we have the same phenomena with bigfoot...they have pictures of him/her too. And you can say the same about photos....spirit photos are blurred, far away....so are bigfoot pictures. lol...so my point is, keep an open mind. And don't dispel one thing because it is unknown to us... a phenomenon is, after all, what we are doing on this site in the first place. To say the unknown is not real because there are no bones or proof of the existence, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We are seekers of the unknown...
"Fairy tales are more than true-
Not because they tell us dragon's exist-
But because they can be beaten"

PPI Brian

Yes, I have always believed that Yeti and Sasquatch were one and the same. I have a heavy anthropology background and have always believed that there are other bipedal hominids living in remote locations on Earth. After all, there were other hominid species that walked on two legs before our species evolved into what we are today. Too bad the evidence for their existence is so circumstantial. But until last year there wasn't a single frame of film that showed a living giant squid, although we knew they existed because their dead bodies washed up on our beaches.

New species are still being discovered every year. Just look at the January 2007 issue of Discover magazine... On a related note, thought you might like to check out this link to the National Geographic website. They discovered this lobster like creature around the black smokers at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. They call it (ok, drum roll please....) the Yeti Crab.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/03/0309_060309_yeti_crab.html

Hopefully the picture will attach too.

Regards,

Brian Miller
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

dwalters

HOLY S**T!!!! I'm afraid I would NEVER order that thing if I saw it on a menu.

PPI Brian

It has no eyes, so it would not be able to see you!

It would probably be very tasty with some butter sauce and a 06/06/06 Verticle Epic Ale from Stone Brewery.

Regards,

Brian
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

shieldmaiden

Right on, Brian!
Very cool picture! Wow, it is amazing what we are still discovering. I love it!
Thanks for sharing that information and photo...great stuff.
Shieldmaiden

Renae

There was a time when Lowland Gorrillas were considered a mythe. and it seems to me that they have skulls from an even larger gorilla type thing from the Nepal region, but they believe them to be in the millions of years ago category. I'd do a search , but I am not real certain what I would be looking for.

This I know: there are still vast forrests in Canada, the US and Mexico. Once upon a time I went hiking with a group in the whiteclouds mountains in Idaho. No I did not see or hear Bigfoot there, but I also did not see or hear any bear, cougars,  or wolves, and it was during spawning season, so there SHOULd have been bears. I only saw 1 elk, and a few deer. Now I am NOT a hunter or a trackerhowever if a critter is very rare, or does NOT want to be seen, there are enough wilderness areas, and swaths of forests that small comunities could live there and not be noticed if they don't use fire.

Now if I went back packing today, I'd be more concerned about encountering a few remorseless humans or hungry bears, cougars orwolves than I would about encountering sasquatch, but if I saw one I'd hope to get a picture anyway - but then, I can't even get a decent picture of my cats, and they are somewhat predictable.

Renae

shieldmaiden

Well said Renae...they are a very elusive 'animal'...and like you said, very rare, very timid, secretive, etc. And with the vastness of our forests that in some places have never been visited by humans...will...you understand perfectly.
And yes, take a picture...lol. That would be great stuff. Have a great weekend...Talk to you when I get back.
Shield

lkasak

The most erroneous stories are those we think we know best - and therefore never scrutinize or question.
     Stephen Jay Gould

shieldmaiden

Thanks Lauren for that link. I will send it on to Autumn. She is the founder of Oregon Bigfoot. She probably already heard about it, but thought that I would send it to her anyway, just in case.
Hope all is well with you.
Hugs
Shield