News:

Thinking of inviting PPI to your home or business? Visit "Client Resources" on our main website for helpful articles and guidelines, or click "Request Help" to contact us about setting up an investigation.

Main Menu

Drum Barracks - Wilmington, CA

Started by PPI Brian, June 04, 2013, 02:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Brian

I've been wondering about a possible field trip this summer, and this place has intrigued me since I first heard about it, in spite of the fact that Most Haunted filmed an episode there.  :)

http://www.drumbarracks.org/index.php/en/

Here is the episode of Most Haunted:
http://www.youtube.com/v/VGNpThdegfo
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Tracy

I have heard a lot about that place over the years. how long do you think it would take to get up there?

PPI Brian

Quote from: PPI Tracy on June 04, 2013, 09:47:05 PM
I have heard a lot about that place over the years. how long do you think it would take to get up there?

It's 107 miles from Kearny Mesa, equal to an hour and forty five minutes without traffic.  :)  That's just a nice Sunday drive. Karl captured some very impressive EVPs there during daylight hours, so I am hopeful we could replicate his EVP captures with our equipment.

PPI Tracy

PPI Karl

I did one of my first investigations with PPI at the Drum Barracks.  To this day, it's still some of the most impressive Class A EVP evidence I've ever collected.  (You know the EVP about the Junior Officers who tell us their ages?  That's the place!)

It's about two hours away from San Diego, though.  It's in a sketchy neighborhood, but, if everything as it was in 2006, they only allow daytime investigations owing to the curator needing to be there.  In fact, one of the previous curators is haunting the building; we have his very clear voice in one of our EVPs.

In a word, I love this place and would love to do another investigation there. 
If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Karl on June 05, 2013, 01:27:41 PM
I did one of my first investigations with PPI at the Drum Barracks.  To this day, it's still some of the most impressive Class A EVP evidence I've ever collected.  (You know the EVP about the Junior Officers who tell us their ages?  That's the place

Oh WOW, Karl!

PPI Brian

Lets put this on our calendar.   :)

PPI Theresa

I liked U2 before U2 was cool

PPI Tracy

PPI Karl

Actually, this is one of the first investigations I did with, both, Glenn and Tony Smith.  Strange it should come up this week, as this actually had me thinking quite a lot about Tony and Glenn.  

This picture was taken at the Drum Barracks.  I have another somewhere in the infamous piano room.  ;D

If you want to end your misery, start enjoying it, because there's nothing the universe begrudges more than our enjoyment.

PPI Marlene

I did the tour of the Drum Barracks and had my recorder going the whole time but there were too many other people to really get anything.  I had a friend who was up there doing some type of movie that had a great experience.  Did you guys go over the summer last year?

PPI Tim

Karl did the drum barracks year ago. He did get a very good EVP from it.
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Marlene

HI Tim!  That's awesome!  I think that would be a cool place to be able to investigate after hours for sure!!

PPI Karl

One of my favorite investigations, Marlene--and one of my earliest with PPI.  This way a daytime investigation, and the Drum Barracks are right next door to a farmyard.  No joke!  Throughout our audio, we captured roosters and goats and barking dogs one minute, and sirens and gunfire the next.  :D

Seriously, though, some of my favorite EVPs came out of that investigation.  I wonder what the results would be like today if we used more sensitive recording equipment.  

PPI Marlene

HI Karl:  Oh I bet the investigation with more sensitive equipment would be awesome!  Would love to take a night time tour sometime and actually compare the activity between day and night.  Maybe the activity happens when there are lots of people around rather than a few.  Because you know these soldiers were always surrounded by people.  Who knows?   :)