News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

Thoughtform

Started by Tim, April 08, 2007, 02:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim

Hey Guys,
I was reading a book the other day and it had a being that was created by human thought. The Tibetan's refered to this being as a "Tulpa". In wikipedia, they refer it as a "Thoughtform".

Thoughtform may be understood as a 'psychospiritual' complex of energy or consciousness manifested either consciously or unconsciously, by an individual or a group. Thoughtform are understood differently and take on different forms in different traditions. Stated differently, a thoughtform, is a subtle objectification that may or may not have consciousness and self-determination. Thoughtform may be benevolent, malevolent or of complex alignment and may be understood as a spontaneous or intentional manifestation from a combination of willpower, bioenergy, discipline, chi, prana and/or astral or ?therial substance.

There are many other cultures that have their  own versions of a tulpa.
I just had scratched the surface of the information I have discovered on the internet
Could these beings be another type of haunting?
Could a place creep someone out so much that they created a tulpa?

Something to think about.

Tim

PPI Brian

Hey Tim,

That is a fascinating subject. I have long wondered about such things in certain types of hauntings... where activity seems to revolve around an individual rather than a place. Perhaps some poltergeist activity could be attributed to ThoughForms?

A long time ago I read about someone who intentionally created a ThoughtForm by willing it into existence. But as the person began to lose interest, the ThoughForm took on a life of its own and changed from a pleasant entity to a sinister entity. 

Again, that is an interesting topic. I wonder if some demonic hauntings could be attributed to ThoughForms...

Regards,

Brian Miller
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

Tim

Thanks Brian M or the reply.
To think that it is possible to generate your own ghost or being by using the power of the mind is
is fascinating.
I wonder how many times it has happened and are certain places where it is more likely to have them happen?

Tim

PPI Brian

Hey Tim,

Yeah, I wonder about that too. It must be a rare occurrance, or else the world would be over run with such "entities".

Regards,

Brian Miller
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan