News:

Thinking of inviting PPI to your home or business? Visit "Client Resources" on our main website for helpful articles and guidelines, or click "Request Help" to contact us about setting up an investigation.

Main Menu

Baby state

Started by jputt, March 06, 2008, 08:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jputt

California is definitly a Young state compared to the east coast. We don't have the old buildings and as much history but what about the indian reservations or the land surrounding them? Is there any paranormal activity in Southern California, besides the Hotel Del? Our history goes back to the 1800s. Don't get me wrong I do believe in the energies around us although I do feel it would be much easier to attract them in Europe or even the first colonies.

ellie

I am sure there is, but we don't ask people to allow us to investigate. They usually come to us. Of couse with only a few exceptions. If I am wrong here team, please correct me.

PPI Brian

Although it's true that San Diego has only a brief recorded history compared to Europe or New England, the region has been inhabited by a variety of native cultures for tens of thousands of years.

European colonization began following Juan Cabrillo's official "discovery" of our harbor in 1542, during the latter phase of the Spanish conquest of Mexico. The first Presidio in California was established in what is now Old Town in July of 1769. At the time of European contact, the Kumeyaay inhabited the fertile river valleys and coastal canyons, as well as the abundant oak groves of the coastal mountains. They had extensive trade routes established with native American settlements in what is now Arizona, Nevada, Mexico and northern California. They were a semi-nomadic stone age culture with no written language or distinctinve architecture, but they had a rich mythology, vast knowledge of astronomy and deep spiritual beliefs that were passed down through the generations by village elders. Their baskets were truly works of art that were so tightly woven they could hold water, but their pottery was more utilitarian and was rarely decorated. They lived in seasonal settlements that were strategically located to take advantage of the unique natural resources in our area. The Kumeyaay cremated their dead, and buried them near their villages, but to the best of my knowledge did not mark their graves or concentrate their burials in "cemeteries".

The Spanish missionaries gathered the Kumeyaay around the missions, and attempted to convert them to Christianity. This effort led to exploitation and forced labor (slavery), and caused many bitter rebellions among the natives. After California became a state, the Kumeyaay were relocated to reservations that were so remote these people only frequented them in the summer months. The land they originally occupied has long since been developed into residential, commercial and industrial areas.

Although many of San Diego's historic structures remain intact, much of what once existed has been lost forever. But reports of paranormal activity do not appear to be confined exclusively to older structures. The environmental mechanisms that allow a location to become "haunted" are not only unknown at this time, theories and hypothesis regarding them are merely unproven speculation at best. This is what make this field of study so intriguing.

Regards,

Brian Miller
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

ellie

Brian you are super smart. That was the answer he was looking for.

PPI Brian

Thanks Ellie, you're too kind. I just a history dork.  ;D
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan