News:

Here as a guest? Welcome! If you found a topic or discussion you like, we hope you'll register. Besides getting privileges to reply and start your own topics, you'll receive access to expanded content and entire boards unavailable to the general public. Sign up now! It's simple and fast.

Main Menu

the Proctor Valley Monster

Started by PPI Brian, February 27, 2007, 01:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Brian

For those of us South Bay and/or East County natives, who could forget the most famous monster of all... The Proctor Valley Monster!

Who here (besides me) will actually ADMIT to investigating said claims of a monster in the Proctor Valley area?

I am amazed that there are so many internet links related to our hometown creature. The following are offered for your amusement:

http://www.sdreader.com/php/ma_show.php?id=341

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20030824-9999_1m24monster.html

http://www.castleofspirits.com/stories04/proctor.html

Regards,

Brian Miller

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

dwalters

I will admit it. I had a friend that lived on Proctor Valley Road. This was back in the day when it was just a 30 mile stretch of road from Proctor all the way to Jamul. THERE WAS NOTHING THERE like it is today. My friends parents still live there, and there are houses being built down the stretch of road..in fact, I have purchased a house not far from Proctor Valley Road. Anyways, in high school...me and my buddy would walk as far down the road as we coud (without getting home tooooooooo late) and we never seen much of anything paranormal. We would do this all of the time..mostly on weekends when I would sleep over at his house. Anyways...one time we did see and hear something. This place was out in the middle of nowhere back then...I mean it....nothing around at all...no city lights, no traffic...NOTHING but some coyotes, owls, fox and rabbits. This one time though, we saw a glowing fire over a hill...the glow was red and yellow...the sign of a huge bon-fire...this glow was accompanied by some tribal drums and chanting. It scared the living CRAP out of us and we did not continue this little journey. We didn't want to stumble accross some satanic ritual or some voodoo witchcraft or anything like that...so we bolted back to his place. Someone once told us some time later that there used to be some satanic cults that would go down there and chant some satanic garbage and sacrifice some chickens and shit. I suppose they even had some sacrificial sex or something...and I don't doubt it. It was the perfect place for it.

But I am a southbay kid. Grew up in Bonita, went to Sunnyside Elementary school, both of which are nestled right beside good ole proctor valley road.

PPI Brian

Good to know I'm not the only one.  ;D

I too went to Sunnyside, before they transferred us to Valley Vista Elementary when they finished building it. We were the first group of kids to attend that school. Man, am I OLD! The part of Bonita I lived in was annexed by National City shortly after that, and I ended up going to Granger JHS, but most of my friends ended up going to Bonita Vista.

Anyway, I too remember when Proctor Valley was nothing but dirt road. Very creepy at night. I had a friend that lived on Jonel Way, and we would hike up into the hills behind their house and climb Mother Miguel Mountain. We would leave around midnight so we could watch the sunrise from the top of the mountain. One night when we were hiking through the fog we got disoriented and wandered off our usual trail. Maybe it was just coyotes, but something started following us through the brush, and circling us. You could hear the sound of something crashing through the chaparral, and then it would get quiet. It freaked us out so bad we all sat down with our backs against each other so nothing could sneak up on us. We stayed like that for an hour until it got light enough to see. That was one of the longest nights of my life! Amazing. San Diego was still very rural when I was a kid, so I grew up in the canyons, and I learned to identify animal tracks in Scouts. We never did find any tracks around us. But I will never forget how creepy it was hearing the sound of something circling us, looking for a way to sneak up on us.   :o

Regards,

Brian

PPI Brian

Quote from: David Walters on February 27, 2007, 01:48:31 AM
I will admit it. I had a friend that lived on Proctor Valley Road. This was back in the day when it was just a 30 mile stretch of road from Proctor all the way to Jamul. THERE WAS NOTHING THERE like it is today. My friends parents still live there, and there are houses being built down the stretch of road..in fact, I have purchased a house not far from Proctor Valley Road. Anyways, in high school...me and my buddy would walk as far down the road as we coud (without getting home tooooooooo late) and we never seen much of anything paranormal. We would do this all of the time..mostly on weekends when I would sleep over at his house. Anyways...one time we did see and hear something. This place was out in the middle of nowhere back then...I mean it....nothing around at all...no city lights, no traffic...NOTHING but some coyotes, owls, fox and rabbits. This one time though, we saw a glowing fire over a hill...the glow was red and yellow...the sign of a huge bon-fire...this glow was accompanied by some tribal drums and chanting. It scared the living CRAP out of us and we did not continue this little journey. We didn't want to stumble accross some satanic ritual or some voodoo witchcraft or anything like that...so we bolted back to his place. Someone once told us some time later that there used to be some satanic cults that would go down there and chant some satanic garbage and sacrifice some chickens and shit. I suppose they even had some sacrificial sex or something...and I don't doubt it. It was the perfect place for it.

But I am a southbay kid. Grew up in Bonita, went to Sunnyside Elementary school, both of which are nestled right beside good ole proctor valley road.

Hi David,

That's a creepy story. I don't blame you... I would have high-tailed it out of there too!

I remember when I was a kid the Star News published a "picture" of the Proctor Valley monster that freaked me out. It was published on April 1st, but the relevance of that date was lost on me at the time. The picture was obviously a joke -- it was a cow with the head and paws of mountain lion, and some other ridiculous stuff cut and pasted on it -- but I fell for it. I wonder if they still have that picture in their archives?

Regards,

Brian