News:

Did you know PPI isn't just a forum? We have a comprehensive website packed to the gills with resources to educate and illuminate. Come visit us at  www.pacificparanormal.org.

Main Menu

Paranormal Investigators In The News

Started by PPI Brian, October 02, 2007, 01:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPI Tracy

Quote from: PPI Brian M on August 18, 2009, 01:22:03 PM
That was my favorite part too.  ;D  Guess TAPS isn't a household word after all... at least in Virginia.  :)

...at least not with journalists from Virginia.   :D

PPI Brian

Found this article in my daily paranormal wanderings and thought it was worth sharing with you:

In Hartford, Connecticut this summer, Mark Twain's former house was investigated for reported paranormal occurrence. Apparitions, seen in Victorian dress, and reported by the staff, have haunted the grounds for decades. The investigation revealed some reportedly "strange stuff." Twain's own daughter is said to roam the rooms of the mansion. With the new study's findings, the location has come to the attention of another infamous paranormal investigative team, Ghost Hunters, to do a further in-depth look for themselves.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/20992256/detail.html#
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."--Carl Sagan

PPI Tim

Can you drive a snowmobile there? How about a riverboat?
I think they should get TAPS west to check it out.
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Brian

Did you read the article? You can't drive a riverboat through the place.  :D

It looks like a really cool old house, and the reports seem to indicate residual activity at best. Interesting place, though. They are open for "Graveyard Shift Tours" in the month of October, so they can capitalize on the haunted reputation of the old house. I don't knock them for it because they need money to keep the museum open. I wouldn't mind investigating there, but only if we got the run of the place for the entire night. I might even pay for one of their "ghost tours" if the crowd was small enough. Too bad it's in Connecticut.  :)

PPI Tim

It might be on the east coast but why not have TAPS family check it. I think it would be a good idea to have Ghost Hunters to have TAPS family groups go with them on investigations.
Sounds interesting...Go on.

PPI Brian

PPI Brian

A home on the market in Terrebone Parish, LA, piqued the curiosity of a team of paranormal investigators who thought it was built on a Native-American burial mound. They posed as prospective buyers to secure a visit to the gounds with a local real estate agent, taking video of the property. Then they noticed an apparition in the images they had taken and went back to view the inside of the home, feeling the apparition of a legless man in cover-alls wanted them to do so. What followed brought the Terrebone Sheriff's Department to the scene, and Louisiana State University forensic anthropologists are now examining bones found by the paranormalist H. I. T. Men team. Were the H.I. T. Men led back to the scene by a ghost?

Here's a link to the article:
http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20091129/ARTICLES/911289962/1212?Title=Ghost-hunters-claim-apparition-led-them-to-bones-in-Gibson

PPI Brian

Donna Santos of Barkhamsted, CT, says, "My horses are very happy now that the paranormal society has finished its work. They're not scared anymore." What was scaring Santos' horses? How were the horses switching from stall to stall each night without any help unlatching the stall gates? What caused the cat's dish to change locations? And what did the Northwest Connecticut Paranormal Society do at Santos' farm that stopped the spooky incidents?

Here's a link to the article:
http://www.registercitizen.com/articles/2009/12/05/news/doc4b19ece2504cf751594977.txt

Gary

That is a very interesting case.  I think I'm going to try to watch that special on Animal Planet next week!  Any thoughts or ideas regaring the horses moving to different stalls?
Gary \m/
An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself!

PPI Brian

Hi Gary,

Taking the Santos family's description of the events at face value, I have no explanation for the movement of their horses. Strange, isn't it? However, we can't rule out the fact that someone was playing tricks on them.